SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Financial Analyst supports the German Sales Company Finance Team in all aspects of Financial Reporting & Analysis focusing their attention on supporting and business partnering with the German Project Execution Group.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support FP&A manager in the preparation of regular Business Updates & Budget Presentations to European Management
• Act as a local business partner for the Operations Director and the Project Execution Group and as an interface to the Project Accounting Shared Services Analysts
• Act as Finance Support for regular Project Finance Reviews with the Project Execution Group & European Management Team.
• Own & lead the Bi-Weekly Project Review Rhythm with the Project Managers
• Support the Project Execution Group in managing KPIs (Cost Variances, TWC, Orders, Rev)
• Develop Short- & Long-Term P&L and Balance Sheet Forecasts
• Perform monthly variance analysis and develop Orders, Revenue & Profitability Guidance for HQ Reporting
• Ensure financial integrity of P&L as well as Balance Sheet on a monthly basis
• Support the monthly closing activities from an analysis standpoint and early detect / fix issues
• Drive process/system improvement initiatives throughout various areas of the company
• Ensure correct Revenue Recognition and Project Accounting and Review new Project Contracts to ensure correct Revenue Recognition Treatment upon inception
• Provide routine and ad-hoc analysis to senior management
• Ensure compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley regulatory requirements (internal control)
• Ensure compliance in accordance with the company’s Trade Compliance procedures and to escalate any concerns or questions to the local Gatekeeper or Trade Compliance Manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Business Administration Degree
• Working experience at least 3 years
• Accounting experience or Qualified Accountant
• Experience in MS-Office
• Experience in HFM/Hyperion is an advantage
• Experience in Oracle is an advantage
• Knowledge of US-GAAP, POC
• Fluent in English
• Operational Experience
• Experience in working in corporate environment
• Position is Langenfeld based
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities.
Our LGBTQ A Group empowers our workforce regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and supports the inclusion and professional development of all employees.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
- Analysis Of Variance
- Financial Statements
- Revenue Recognition
- Internal Controls
- Project Accounting
- Balance Sheet