Our Water Catchment Management business provides a focus for advising our clients on the sustainable management of the natural water environment using scientific/engineering analysis and design expertise. Our mission is to be a global leader that puts water at the heart of a sustainable society. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, we develop industry leading flood risk management technology and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders and to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
About the opportunity:
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we currently have an opportunity for a Principal Hydrogeologist within our hydrogeological team in the UK. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Rounded knowledge and practice of all fields of hydrogeology, in particular, but not limited to, dewatering / engineering assessments, groundwater flooding and supporting design development for infrastructure projects or engineered remediation solutions
• Providing specialist hydrogeological support to other technical disciplines within Jacobs, including for geotechnical, engineering and flooding.
• Authoring complex assessments / reports.
Report checking and review.
• Contributing or technically leading on the production of bids on groundwater related matters
• Providing support to experienced project managers.
• Liaison with contractors, laboratories and regulators.
• Presenting information to senior management at meetings in a concise and effective manner.
In addition to these key responsibilities, proven ability working in wider hydrogeological projects would be beneficial, including providing input to Environmental Impact Assessments, assessments for Groundwater Dependent Terrestrial Ecosystems and hydroecological studies, and contaminated groundwater assessments.
• A minimum of a good honours degree in earth sciences and a master’s degree or doctorate in hydrogeology
• Proficient in quantitative dewatering and engineering assessments
• The ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, as well as being willing to work individually.
• You will need to be a team player willing to work away from your base office, with a high level of personal responsibility and adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
• Full clean driving licence
• Experience in using numerical modelling (such as SEEP/W and/or Groundwater Vistas and/or other similar software(s)).
• GIS and digital skills
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go
‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as
STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and
Stonewall. We are also
Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of
Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website;
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.