When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on advancing the development of new infrastructure projects for a cleaner more efficient tomorrow. We’re seeking an Environmental Project Manager to oversee energy related projects for private clients. You’ll apply your technical experience in environmental planning and permitting to review projects, create a plan, and execute a permitting strategy for new projects.
Aligned to one of our California offices, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to and manage projects related to energy infrastructure permitting, construction, or maintenance across the region. As an Junior PM, you’ll lead environmental permitting and related efforts to support project development and be responsible for meeting client objectives and project-specific internal financial goals. You’re analytical and writing skills will be called upon as you lead development of quality client deliverables, including permit applications, client communication, technical memos, and environmental compliance documents. You’ll provide motivation and direction to project teams and be surrounded by mentorship and mentoring opportunities to help you and your team thrive. Our global team is here to provide you with the tools to keep your career growing as well as those around you. By driving consistency and innovation across private energy sector environmental planning projects and keeping on schedule and budget, you’ll help your team achieve the clients’ goals.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental planning, or other related technical degree
• Project management as a career focus
• Professional environmental permitting project experience, including at the task manager or project manager level
• Specific training, knowledge, and experience necessary to develop, review, and coordinate project permit applications
• Familiarity with state and federal regulations; knowledge of environmental regulatory processes
• Ability to charter and lead a project team with a focus on client service and internal delivery goals.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master’s degree in environmental science, environmental planning, or other closely related technical degree
• Experience with the environmental consulting industry managing energy infrastructure or other related projects
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documents
- NEPA documents
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Project Planning
- Project Management
- Coaching And Mentoring