If you’re continuously looking to develop yourself and learn more about new solutions in automation systems, if you have a can-do attitude and enjoy delivering the best customer services, then we are the perfect match for you!
By joining us as a Lead Proposal Engineer you will have the chance to learn from some of the best managers and engineers in our industries and you will have unique career opportunities.
You will be responsible for the timely delivery of accurate large and complex quotations based on customer specifications, in line with the sales strategy. You will be responsible for the overall delivery of the proposal and for the coordination of the assigned project team.
The Lead Proposal Engineer is responsible to oversee the project proposal activities for the assigned country/region and maintain a strong connection with country sales & operations teams
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) and other Business Units products and Industry applications
- Act as Technical and Applications Consultant for the sales teams and proposal engineers
- Collaborate with the Team Leader/Trainer to:
- create learning plans for the Proposal Engineers
- support the technical development of engineers
- share feedback on training requirements for the engineers
- create and deliver trainings
- Closely cooperate with Pursuit Leaders and Key Account Managers, systems integrators and other departments and business units to compile estimates, drawings, project plans and other necessary evidence of Emerson’s capabilities in the generation of competitive and accurate proposals
- Analyze customer requests for project proposals, raise and resolve any queries
- Estimate the time required for the proposal, indicate the required resources to deliver the proposal, prepare a proposal schedule
- Assign proposals and tasks within the team, based on existing workload and competency
- be responsible for the supervision and coordination of all project proposal deliverables using various proposal tools, ensuring accuracy and completeness of the financial estimates
- Have in resposibility the co-ordination and review proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, such as: Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal, Procurement, Product teams (R&D), Marketing
- Be flexible to travel to customer sites as well as to other Emerson offices for kick-off meetings, clarifications, site surveys, proposal development and review meetings in accordance with the agreed sales and proposal strategies
- Create a strong connection with country Sales and Operations teams
- Keep the sales team continuously informed about the project proposals status and team workload
- Organize regular discussions with the country stakeholders to discuss project proposal forecast and status of issued proposals
- Collaborate closely with the Manager Proposals, Team Leader, and other stakeholders to ensure the correct sizing and competency of the team
- Coordinate with the Team Leaders and other Proposal Leads in order to utilize proposal resources efficiently and request or provide support when necessary
- Facilitate the creation of an inclusive and supportive environment for all personnel within the proposal team to ensure high performance on the proposal activities and actively support team members in achieving technical development and personal objectives.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- University studies in an Engineering discipline, preferred: Automation, Electrical, Telecom, Chemical
- 5 years’ experience in a commercial or engineering environment (sales support, technical sales, application engineer)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with PSS products and solutions (DeltaV, DeltaV SIS)
- Experience in the Process automation industry with good technical knowledge of different industry segments (Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Refining, Pharma etc.)
- Experience in project execution with strong knowledge and understanding of existing engineering processes is an advantage
- English language at upper intermediate level (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of a second European language is considered an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Lead Proposal Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Business Process Automation