Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
Senior Service Engineer, Energy Business - Americas
We are looking for a Senior Service Engineer to join our dynamic, fast-paced Field Service team for Energy Business in the Americas region. The desired location for this position is Panama.
What will you be doing
As a Senior Service Engineer, you will be involved with various Field Service activities, including analysing and solving complex technical and operational problems.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years experience in power plant commissioning and have knowledge of Wartsila equipment and an understanding of Wartsila business.
As a Senior Service Engineer, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan.
- Follow up and participate in field tests
- Provide advanced applications training for local field service resources
- Participate in customer meetings as a local technical advisor in the electrical and automation aspects
- Provide sales support
- Service Engineer needs to be able to take ownership of technical deliberations and facilitate technical contact points between internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of new working methods within own responsibility area.
- Make analysis with adequate conclusions and recommendations (reports) for how to solve complex technical problems of the customer. Report the related work progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Solve complex technical and operating problems of the customer as well as report and propose product improvement needs in order to reach quality and cost targets and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create the Service Work Reports.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
Skills and Competences: General Skills:
- Cost awareness and effectiveness
- Achieving results
- Presentation skills
- Reporting and analyzing skills
- Wärtsilä knowledge and business understanding
- Planning and target setting
- Excellent communication skills
- English, other language is a plus.
- Experience in electrical installations and commissioning.
- Experience in commissioning new power plants as an automation engineer
- Experience with programmable logic controllers, frequency drives, electrical protection devices, computer systems, Ethernet networks, firewalls and OPC-servers, Wärtsilä engine automation (UNIC/WECS), alternators & AVR`s and internal combustion engine knowledge(Diesel, HFO, Gas & DF)
- Leading field tests and developing new products with customers and research and development organizations within the company.
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in Panama without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: [ Link removed ]
Last application date: 01/07/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our customers unlock the value of the energy transition by optimising their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Our offering comprises flexible power plants, energy management systems, and storage, as well as lifecycle services that ensure increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world.
[ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at [ Link removed ]
- Customer Satisfaction
- Energy Production