Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Within the Electrical team, of our Train Development Site in Paris Saint-Ouen,
you are responsible for all electrical engineering deliverables. You manage functionally an associated multidisciplinary team: Schematics & Apparatus and as well Electrical Routing Integration.
You are part of Saint Ouen Rolling Stock Engineering Team, a fully integrated team supporting the Group’s value creation by operationally delivering specific tenders and projects, as well as R&D and sustaining activities.
What are my responsibilities?
You guarantee the deliverables production for the electrical domain: diagrams, apparatus and routing, during the different phases of the project, including Quality, Cost, Delivery (QCD) aspects.
- Manage the Carry-over definition, fixed cost and associated workload
- Technological choices and electrical architecture definition of the train: content of electrical cubicles, localization inside train, circuit-breaker and cable sizing, cable pass-through, area cut-off, harness architecture definition…
- Responsible of electrical deliverables
- In interface between the project and our Electrical Center of Excellence (COE E), located in Toulouse and accountable of detailed harness design, you define the electrical baseline and input data for the COE E.
As an electrical referent for the project you oversee, you:
- Manage functionally the electrical design team (Schematic & Apparatus team) and the electrical routing integration team, assigned to the project
- Ensure interfaces with other Métiers: Train System (Train performances and systems definition), Train Design (Mechanical Architecture, Car body…) Train Control (Functional and software architecture), RAMS (Reliability, Safety, Ability), EMC expert, Electrical industrialization…
- Lead the design and deliverable reviews
- Ensure follow-up with the technical project manager
- Support the continuous improvement of the electrical domain.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have at least 4 years of experience in the field of electrical installation & architecture on a train or other products of aeronautic, automotive, naval, industrial equipment sectors
- You have strong projects and functional management experience.
- You have a good knowledge of harness design, manufacturing and industrialization, electrical architecture (functions), systems of train.
- You have a ideally good practice of electrical CAD. (E3S/ Catia EHI)
- With a strong international exposure, this position requests a very good English communication and multicultural openness.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement
- Circuit Breaker