Vacancy details General information Organisation
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities. Reference
2018-6566 Position descriptionJob title
Field Commissioning Specialists (Process Units) M/FContract
International ContractContractual hours
Full timeEmployee Status
This is an opportunity for you to be in the field to operate the plant in a safe and optimal manner.Profile
Your main duties will be:-
- Ensures all personnel adhere to a high standard of Safety under the PTW system and is responsible for all jobs on the Plant (Cold, Hot …)
- Conducts of Tool Box Talks on daily basis for jobs on the Plant
- Conducts of Job Safety Analysis in case of job to be carried out with potential hazards
- Communicates and informs CR about job progress and, if need be, about any problem encountered
- Acts as 'On scene' Operator in case of emergency
- Performs a Plant inspection (Checking of any leak, Safety - Equipment checks, checking of rotating equipment condition …)
- Takes Field Parameters Readings (DCS, Separators …)
- Checks Chemical pumps, adjusting dosing rates and chemical filling
- Performs jobs as per Control Room requirements including the re-setting of valves for restarting after a shutdown
- Assists Maintenance Team for Mechanical Isolations / De-isolation, CO² System Isolation / De-isolation
Ideally you will have a Technical Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a crude oil refinery. You will have at least 10 years' of experience in a similar position and ideally previous experience in the GCC.Position localisationLocation
You will have proven experience in one or more process units from the following: Crude Unit; Vaccum Rerun Unit (VRU); Atm. Res Desul Unit; Heavy Oil Cooling; Sulphur Recovery Unit; Amine Regeneration Unit; Sour Water Stripper Unit; Hydrocracker Unit; Hydrogen Unit; HPU Feed Gac Comp & Treatiing; Hydrogen Recovery Unit; Hydrogen Compression; Saturated Gas Plant; Diesel Hydrotretaer Unit; Kerosene Hydrotreater Unit; Diesel Hydrotreater Unit; Naphta Hydrotreater Unit; Cont Catalytic Reformer (CCR); and Acid Gas Flare.
It is desirable, you will also have knowledge of: Hydrogen Sulphide Removal (HSR) and Sour Water Treatment (SWT).
You will have a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in English both written and verbal in English.
KUWAITCandidate criteriaMinimum level of experience required
6 years or moreLanguages
English (C-Professional working proficiency)
Personal Protective Equipment