If you are a Sales professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Chicago, Illinois location, you will sell, promote, and demonstrate the Greenlee & RIDGID brands of tools and equipment. You will report to the Regional Sales Manager for the Midwest Region. Your will offer unique perspectives and insights into how customers view their business, align their insights and priorities while tying those insights back to Emerson Professional Tools' unique product differentiators. You will drive two-way communications and clearly articulate our value proposition and engage the end-customer in jointly addressing their business priorities. Our primary sales focus is with the large Utilities in the assigned region, and you will additionally coordinate with the local Territory Managers activity in this market. Your relationship with the Territory Managers will include coaching, mentoring, and directing their efforts at increasing sales to Public Power and certain other electric utilities. AS UTILITY SALES SPECIALIST, MIDWEST REGION, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Accountable for the direction, coordination, and growth of all utility market sales through direct customer contact and close coordination with local ProTools Territory Managers.
- Additionally, the ability to work in a matrix managed environment which includes providing coaching and direction to regional Territory Managers.
- Performing field product demonstrations, training, & technical support with end-users and distribution channel partners.
- Driving strategic new products sales and solutions to expand markets and share
- Developing, presenting, & executing annual business plans to deliver incremental sales growth
- Developing and Managing a monthly/yearly sales forecast
- Developing & owning relationships with both Key Distributor Partners and End Users
- Being the subject matter expert for the product, applications, & pricing program for your given market
- Supporting regional & national organizations through training and special projects execution
You empower others. You anticipate the impact of emerging technologies and make necessary adjustments. You gain insight into customer needs. You partner with others to get work done.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must have existing professional relationships and technical skills in the electrical utility market.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, or other relevant disciplines; OR minimum of five years relevant experience instead of 'Bachelor's Degree
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work in a matrix-managed environment, including coaching, mentoring, and providing selling support to Territory Managers
- Solid business acumen, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint; CRM Application experience a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Five years of experience in Sales, Marketing, or technical support of B2B Sales in the Electrical Utility Market
- Experience with distribution channels, with emphasis on Electrical, industrial, and plumbing,
- Demonstrated success in formulating, presenting, executing, & measuring Business Plans
- A proven track record and successful history of achieving goals and sales targets in the Electrical Utility market.
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
[ Link removed ]
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.