Wages –$35.12 per hour Summary/General Description Of Job:
Incumbent uses various tools, testing instruments and equipment to install parts, inspect, repair, maintain, adjust and troubleshoot cranes. Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Performs crane and other weight handling equipment (WHE) maintenance in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer's specifications.
- Performs the work of a journey-level Crane Maintenance Mechanic with general supervision by a more experienced Crane Mechanic.
- Repairs and maintains cranes, and trackage, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, and precision tools.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools and power tools.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices, using hand and power tools.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Makes and repairs parts as needed.
- Repairs electro-mechanical equipment if needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment. Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable. Accountable For:
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the Crane Mechanic field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Must obtain and maintain required explosive certifications when assigned to ordnance operations.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations): Mandatory
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
- Journey-level maintenance mechanic with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience on cranes and crane repair to include air, manual, electric overhead, and dockside portals with a capacity range to 120 tons.
- Four (4) years’ experience with either fabrication or maintenance of mobile crane electrical and electronic systems or a combination of both.
- Ability to obtain a thorough knowledge in the performance of the tasks listed in the U.S. Navy Personnel Qualification Program (PQP) for "Crane Maintenance Mechanic", using tools and instruments listed and others common to the trade within 6 months.
- Must have and maintain hand tools of the trade to perform the normal work of the classifications.
- Must have knowledge of, and know how to use, specialized tools needed to perform repair functions.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Ability to work odd shifts and overtime.
- Must obtain and maintain required NAVFAC P-307 crane operator license within one year.
- Ability to meet and maintain company physical and security requirements, including respirator qualification, and clearance eligibility when required.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
- Stress Management