Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs are recruiting for a Site Project Manager to Join our framework delivery team based at Hunterston B Power Station.
The Critical Mission Solutions line of business supports our key client with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK and has an annual turnover in excess of £40M.
This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network. You will be part of a large client lead team at our client’s head office in Barnwood, this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio.
Site Project Managers are accountable to the PPM for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects
The Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the PPM and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
• Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Applying the company project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
• Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
• Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
• Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
• Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
• Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
• Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
• Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
• Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
• Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
• Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21)
To the Line Manager for:
• Delivering the project in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Implementing and maintaining a competent, effective and efficient Integrated Delivery Team within the company’s HR framework.
• Minimising the project risks (threats) and maximising opportunities.
• Maximising the project efficiency and effectiveness.
• Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
• Proposing, agreeing, implementing and reporting corrective actions to secure the project baseline.
• Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance, making use of earned value management where appropriate.
To the Project Sponsor for:
• Maintaining alignment of the project to agreed outputs and success criteria.
• Initiating change control with the Project Sponsor should the agreed outputs or success criteria be impacted by any project changes.
• Documenting any post-Gate D activities that the Project Manager will complete.
• Disseminating relevant learning opportunities via the Operational Experience system and/or the Lessons Learned system as appropriate.
• Approvals in principle are as follows:
• The assignment of key project personnel.
• Project execution strategies and plans.
• The commitment of sanctioned project funds within delegated financial powers.
• All scope and change control variations within agreed limits.
• Contract management tasks via the F3 form including instruction of supply chain partners within agreed limits.
Note1: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake.
Note 2: Based at client site- Monday to Friday – 40hrs per week
Note3: Travel and Subsistence is not paid for this role
Note4 : Please provide travel plan to undertake this role / salary expectation / current notice period on Cover Letter with this application
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject.
• Chartered or equivalent preferred.
• APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent.
• Fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations; have a thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
• Significant brown-field project management experience.
• Demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance along with a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
• Good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers.
• Experience of fast-track projects and project start up with multiple work streams requiring rapid development to a conclusion.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
• They must be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a “can do” problem solving ability. Will require leadership, influencing and interface management skills and be capable of working with communities with conflicting focuses.
• Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
• Demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
• Experienced in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools. Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability.
• Leadership Competencies required.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
- Earned Value Management
- Team Working