A leading player in the carbon emissions assessment and reporting market, seeks a Lead Consultant for their Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission reduction projects. As the Lead, you will become an integral part of building the Company’s business portfolio of carbon credit eligible projects. Applicants invited with 10+ years’ experience working on GHG emission reduction projects, some of which you acted as a senior assessor and/or a technical reviewer. Some experience of working in the voluntary carbon market is highly desired. Working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation, this role would suit an ambitious carbon market specialist with a strong passion to make a real difference in the challenge against climate change.
Our client is a young dynamic Company with big aspirations. The players have extensive experience in the Oil and Gas Markets and although they are only established for a few years, they are now operating globally, working with government organisations as well as public and private developers to bring internationally verified engineered and nature-based projects to investors that generate societal value and climatic impact, aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Their Portfolio Management Team oversees and develops business for scaling the voluntary carbon market. They provide a platform of quality and transparency to encourage investors to provide green/sustainable finance for GHG mitigating projects that produce meaningful internationally certified carbon credits and market-based Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs).
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager with a dotted line into the Managing Director, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become an integral part of building the Company’s portfolio of projects (volume and quality of carbon credits).
- Become an integral part of the screening process for sourcing its portfolio of quality nature-based and engineered Greenhouse Gas (GHG) removal & avoidance projects.
- Lead on emission factor, emission reduction and leakage calculations for all engineered and nature-based projects that come through the GHG mitigation projects screening process.
- Relay VCM updates (international policy and registry methodology updates) to the Project Portfolio, Business Development and Energy Transition teams.
- Help the Project Portfolio Team to manage relationships with project owners, developers and where necessary registration and verification bodies as part of the portfolio building framework.
- Support with the communication of the portfolio internally and externally. Strive to raise the awareness and reputation of the services offered.
- Provide input on international and/or regional proposals to help source projects.
- Work closely with your peers across the Project Portfolio, Business Development and Energy Transition teams.
- Be proactive in attending exhibitions and other relevant corporate events and participating in the global debate of low carbon solutions.
- Support the Company with its own internal commitments towards a net-zero strategy.
- Keep abreast of carbon capture emission debates, reporting regulations, technologies in the field, arising players and new work practices. Share information with peers and get involved in the debate – become competent discussing these with peers and clients with the ability and confidence to highlight advantages of the Company’s solutions.
- Promote a culture for sharing knowledge and driving excellence.
- Travel as required – There will be minimal travel requirements. Occasional opportunities or requests will arise to visit clients and conferences for a combination of training, sales and business development interests.
This is an exciting new role, offering a great deal of autonomy and scope to influence Company direction and service offerings in this new global Energy Transition phase.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree level or higher, in Energy Management, Sustainability, Environmental Studies highly desired.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a consultant working on GHG emission reduction projects essential
- Experience working on projects that have been registered as CDM, VCS & Gold standard projects highly desired.
- Under the above-mentioned mechanisms, the applicant is expected to have completed at least 10 GHG emission reduction projects as either a senior assessor and/or a technical reviewer.
- Familiar with the voluntary market mechanisms and methods associated with some of the international standards – i.e. CDM, VERRA highly desired.
- Good understanding of GHG accounting methodologies and standards (e.g. GHG Protocol), including sound knowledge of Scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in emissions avoidance programs essential (e.g. REDD+) and/or carbon removal technologies including experience of evaluating quality, feasibility of solutions and their potential at scale to mitigate climate change.
- Experience in GHG monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) desired.
- Experience with ISO 9001, 14001, 45001. Auditor or lead auditor is a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with information management systems (i.e. CRM, databases, etc.) desired.
- Comfortable operating globally in a fast-paced, high-growth international environment.
- Demonstrated belief in and commitment to climate change mitigation and broader sustainability objectives.
- Excellent written and oral command of English, other languages, especially Arabic and French are a plus.
- Highly flexible - Technical ability is key as well as the willingness to number crunch and roll one’s sleeves up to deliver the first set of projects.
- Ability to travel as required.
Package:This is an exciting new and senior level role and a commensurable package is on offer. Package includes a range of benefits and as in keeping with UAE, an end of service benefits gratuity. Also, includes an Incentive Compensation Plan.
Other:The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management