Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of ~$31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at 6373994374397.
Position Summary :
Reporting to the Center of Excellence (CoE), Global Rotating Equipment Group, in Tonawanda, NY-USA, the Global Predictive Technologies Consultant establishes and manages the platforms to support the global predictive program related to rotating equipment. This role interfaces with all key departments in operations, reliability, IT, engineering, and business globally, supporting regional organizations to maintain and improve the reliability of rotating equipment and meet desired performance goals. Demonstrated expertise with predictive maintenance programs including vibration analysis, oil analysis, ultrasound and equipment condition monitoring technologies are critical to the success of this role.
Key responsibilities :
- Manage the global vibration analysis platforms which include Emerson/CSI, Bently Nevada and other products, ensuring systems uptime and updates.
- Develop, implement, and support other global predictive technology platforms, including oil analysis, ultrasound, etc.
- Research and identify new technologies with potential to improve the ability to diagnose and solve turbomachinery related issues before they can cause downtime.
- Assist regional operations teams with establishing and developing the in-house vibration analysis program.
- Support regional vibration specialists with deploying and using offline and online vibrations analysis hardware and software.
- Provide regular training to regional maintenance personnel, so they can more successfully analyze the health of rotating process equipment, such as centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gear boxes, pumps, rotary blowers, fans, etc., using a combination of vibration and oil analysis, other equipment and process related variables to proactively identify component, equipment and system issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Support diagnostics and troubleshooting, in person or remotely, as needed.
- Participate in RCAs (root cause analysis) of rotating equipment failures and support regional teams with implementing changes to avoid recurring failures.
- Provide troubleshooting support to regional personnel to resolve vibration platform and instrumentation issues.
This position requires a combination of office work, about 90% of the time, and at plant sites, about 10% of the time, which may involve travel to multiple countries, with duration of up to 2 weeks at a time. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is occasionally required. The applicant must be physically able to work on and around elevated rotating equipment.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum 10 years of experience in turbomachinery (centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas engines, gear boxes, pumps, blowers, fans, etc.) troubleshooting and reliability engineering in an industrial chemical process environment.
- Expert level knowledge of turbomachinery condition monitoring methodologies and technologies in general and particularly vibration analysis techniques and related instrumentation installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Expert level knowledge of routine and advanced techniques for turbomachinery troubleshooting and issue resolution, including, but not limited to alignment, balancing (shop, field, at speed), ODS, impact testing, modal analysis, etc.
- Category III vibration analyst certification (Vibration Institute) or equivalent.
- Expert level knowledge of the Emerson/CSI and Bently Nevada platforms.
- Experience with evaluating lateral and torsional analysis reports.
- Strong knowledge of oil analysis and ultrasonic tools applications.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Strong computer and standard software experience (Microsoft Office 365 suite, Project, CMMS, etc.).
Desired Qualifications :
- 10 years of experience in turbomachinery (centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas engines, gear boxes, pumps, blowers, fans, etc.) mechanical maintenance, overhauls and repair techniques in the air separation process environment.
- Category IV vibration analyst certification (Vibration Institute).
- Oil analysis certification from the ICML, STLE or similar organization.
- Experience specifying vibration systems including transmitters, probes, accelerometers, and the associated cables.
- Understanding of installation of vibration systems/ knowledge of proper grounding.
- Experience using CMMS systems such as Infor EAM, SAP, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Chemical Process
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Condition Monitoring
- Diagnostic Skills
- Electrical Wirings