If you are an Embedded Systems Engineering professional with a background in software design looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Brookfield, CT location, you will....Provide technological leadership in the development of highly complex systems for plastic joining products, including substantial responsibility for both hardware and software, from concept, through design and development, and into production.
AS EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Through the use of analytical ability, application of imagination, and creative effort, solve complex system problems in the areas of integrated electronic hardware and embedded software leading to advances in new product design.Act as lead technical resource on cross-functional development teams throughout the course of product development within the framework of the Branson product development process, including the formulation of a development proposal, evaluation of the design, and introduction of the product.
- Create, design, develop, prove and implement software for BSPs, hardware drivers, application code, and OS tasks. Including writing test software, debugging and integrating application software in multi-faceted systems.
- Oversee the implementation of circuit design into hardware (PCB, harness, component selection, etc.) to ensure design intent is achieved; review and approve related documentation.
- Act as SCRUM master for software related projects ensuring timely delivery of releases.
- Provide technical guidance outside of engineering in resolving customer application issues.
- Remain current on the advances in embedded technology, both hardware and software, through research into the state of the art in components, sub-systems, software, and related technologies and demonstrate their applicability in improving products.
- Continue personal development through formal and informal education and training, including participation in professional associations, to remain current with advances in technology.
- Provide recommendations for the improvement of process related to Engineering activities.
- Ensure project V & V objectives are met; including static code analysis, unit testing, and automation testing
WHO YOU ARE:
You scan the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance. You balance planning with actions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or the equivalent of 7 years training and experience in the area of embedded systems engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the development of complex embedded systems (including microprocessor system design).
- Strong communication and planning skills, ability to work with broad objectives and minimal direction.
- Requires a high degree of analytical ability as well as the application of imaginative and creative effort.
- Software development using RTOS on processors, microprocessors, DSP, and programmable logic.
- A/D, D/A conversion with small signal analog design, signal processing, processors, microprocessors, Windows, Linux, , ‘C/C ’, Python programming languages and real time operation systems.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Software failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) and some experience with UML. CMM/CMMI, IBM Rhapsody tool suite is a plus,
- Additional education or training in computer science is desirable.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values
and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [email protected]
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Digital Signal Processing