Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients. As part of that support, Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geotechnical and tunnelling consultancy capabilities in the UK, with over 400 geotechnical and tunnelling engineers delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related problems.
We are continuing to grow our Ground Engineering team in the UK and Ireland and are looking for people to join or support our team in Dublin who have the passion and drive to add value and shape positive solutions for major projects in a broad range of markets, including the Transportation, Utilities, Advanced Facilities and Environmental sectors.
We currently have an opportunity for an Associate Director Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist with our Ground Engineering team based in Dublin. The successful person will take a leading role in a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. The diverse project portfolio will provide opportunities for broad experience within the Ground Engineering sector to further develop your career. The successful person will preferably be based in Ireland, though consideration will be given to applicants who would be based in Glasgow.
You will work as part of a diverse and highly skilled team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists, providing support and advice to the wider Jacobs business and clients, as well as acting as team leader on your own projects. You will lead or assist in leading the delivery of geotechnical input to projects and will also be required to provide technical guidance, support and mentoring to less experienced engineers and technicians.
The priorities of your role will include:
- overseeing and assuring the team’s inputs to the planning, investigation, design and construction of geotechnical aspects of projects;
- monitoring and delivering geotechnical outputs to programme and budget;
- mentoring of junior team members;
- checking technical inputs and deliverables;
- liaising with design teams, contractors and clients; and
- scoping and preparation of proposals and estimates.
- An experienced professional, the successful applicant will be a chartered engineer/geologist
- Extensive post chartership experience to meet requirements of Designer’s Geotechnical Advisor role as defined in TII Managing Geotechnical Risk.
- MEng degree in Civil Engineering or a degree in Civil Engineering/Geology with a post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- All-round technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering or engineering geology.
- Good understanding of safety, health and environmental responsibilities and designers Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 obligations.
- Ability to progress schemes from inception to design completion.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team.
- The ability to produce accurate and well-presented reports is essential in this role.
- Experience of Transportation Sector and major projects.
- Experienced in leading project teams and mentoring junior staff.
- Experience of ground investigation supervision, laboratory test scheduling and reporting.
- Experience of design of earthworks, foundations and geotechnical structures.
- Experience of preparation of construction drawings and specifications.
- Experience of construction supervision.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please [ Link removed ] .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Project Portfolio Management