Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Planning Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
To deliver & integrate all Project planning activities/deliverables for a portfolio of brownfield/ greenfield projects. Responsible for delivery of standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project
Key Activities and accountabiligties will include;
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project
- Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers.
- Prepare look ahead schedules and reporting early warnings to Project team.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering & Development Team to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Provide engineering and procurement needs to meet construction and shutdown plans
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and BGC plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting.
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize the BGC standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Produce Project Planning closeout report and Productivity calculation
- Develop Iraqi staff through training in planning tools and techniques
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other project teams.
Addtional Comments and Monetary Measures
- Monetary Measures: portfolio of concurrent brownfield and greenfield projects with annual capex ~$500M at different phases of project lifecycle.
- Functional overview of external planning engineers in various EPCM or Contractor teams
- Working with offices in several different locations
Skills / Qualifications
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Benchmarking (Project Management)