Do you want to be a part of a global team whose mission is to be the leading specialist in electric power switching, protection, and control by creating innovative solutions that are easily applied and provide the best long-term value? We help companies like Bruce Power, Toronto Hydro, Hydro Quebec, and many others keep the lights on for their customers.
We design, assemble, provide post sales support and everything in between. Our business is fostered around our core values of personal integrity, respect for people, commitment to excellence and responsible stewardship. We are happy to share that we are a land fill free company. We take our commitment to our Team Members, Customers, and the environment seriously.
We are looking for an innovative and passionate Application Engineer who enjoys working as part of a team and is committed to helping us become a leader in our industry. In this hybrid role, you will be responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales technical support to our internal and external customers.
As an Application Engineer, you will
- Provide technical support for switchgear application for diverse markets in both USA and Canada.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to customers, S&C Sales and engineering teams for automation and protection applications
- Review customer specifications and assist in formulating and communicating the commercial strategy to customers
- Assist in identifying specific S&C and 3rd party supplier catalog numbers and options to satisfy the requirements of the customer’s functional specification
- Provide engineering support to a team of mechanical and electrical designers and act as a technical resource for problem solving activities in both design and production processes for both new and existing equipment (retrofit)
- Assist in conducting training sessions (internally and externally)
- Technical interface with certification organization (UL and CSA)
- Be involved with the development of prototypes/ type test for certification purposes
- Actively participation on Standards committee related to switchgear.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in, or working knowledge of, medium voltage switching and protection products and systems
- Ability to analyze electrical distribution systems and apply automation products, including protective relays, to meet customer requirements
- Knowledge of industry standards, mainly CSA 22.2 and IEEE C37 family of standards. Previous participation in standards committee is an asset.
- Knowledge of safety practices and electrical codes (NFPA 70/ Canadian Electrical Code)
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy with the ability to maintain accurate records
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within team in a service-oriented environment
In return, we will provide you with
- Fun and challenging working environment where we celebrate our milestones.
- A competitive compensation that includes a 100% paid medical benefits, pension plan, annual bonus, and other perks.
- Opportunity to learn and grow. Access to S&C University, our internal learning platform which gives you an opportunity to learn new skills and improve on the ones you already have.
These are just some of the other reasons why S&C is a great place to work. We are a large team who believes in providing growth opportunities to our team members. Many of whom have become, Team Leads, Supervisors and Managers. The career possibilities at S&C are endless. Do we still have your attention? If so, click on the link to submit your application and join our team today!
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
- Assembly And Installation
- Customer Experience