FIELD ENGINEERING MANAGER
Our company is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of " ENGINEERING MANAGER " for our Billion dollar LNG Project based on a fabrication yard in Murmansk, Russia
Contract Duration: 2-3 Years
Rotaton : 56 days on/ 21 days off
Duties and Responsibilities:
He has the overall responsibility to ensure :
- The receipt, control, dispatch, general filing for all technical documents,
- The field design, or modifications, according to delegation given by the Project Director.
- The management of a supporting engineering team such as (but not limited) NDE, welding, survey, handover engineers, draftmen, etc.
- Establishes, as a part of Project policy and in compliance with the Company rules, the following working procedures :
- Documentation on Site,
- Site IT Plan
- Handover filing system
- Field design/modifications
- Quality Management coordination, together with the QM Manager.
- Checks the consistency between transmittal sheets and documents attached.
- Records all information necessary to have a clear follow-up of arrival, transmittal of all technical documents, in such a way that control of applicable documents can be done at any time by anybody at any working place.
- Duplicates and distributes all documents in compliance with the Project procedure (matrix), Client and Subcontractors included.
- Organizes the filing of all documents.
- With the assistance of specialists and Engineering offices
- Design the field modifications
- Check and approve subcontractor's supplies proposals for permanent works.
Provides when required, expertise to the Construction personnel on all technical matters :
- clarification requests,
- final solution to a non-conformance report
- interpretation of drawings and/or specifications.
- Manages the master of "AS BUILT" drawings and relevant files for hand-over to the
Support to construction
- Acts as liaison between the CONTRACTOR and the CLIENT in matters pertaining to designCoordinates internal or external experts which may be required (surveyors, welding controllers, local Authorities, Vendors specialists, etc.)
- Acts as the Constructability Coordinator after the opening of the jobsite in order to continue and complete the constructability program started at the Engineering Center.
- Ensure the general coordination of the Handover of the Facilities to Client .
- Manage the IT / Telecommunication network.
Local purchase of incorporated material
- Check and analyse for any shortage of material (loss, damage, shortage, …) all possibilities of replacement, substitution, specification adjustment, … before giving authorisation to proceed with new additional purchase or request to the Home Office. Key Competencies Required: Fabrication yard experience mandatory.
Key competencies required
- Minimum of 20 years relevant experience in large scale LNG Project on an EPC Environment.
- Fabrication Yard experience is mandatory
Direct Experience or equivalent, Direct Experience or equivalent