Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Service Engineer Automation (33377)
The successful candidate will be employed on a permanent basis and will be based out of our office in Gdansk, Poland.
What will you be doing?
The Service Engineer performs service activities on automation systems. The major focus of the position is troubleshooting and maintenance services according to customer requirements.
The Service Engineer needs to be willing and able to meet an extensive travel program.
As Service Engineer Automation, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Perform basic trouble shooting Independently perform major/complex repairs and complete overhauls
- On occasion, lead and manage an assigned team and related activities during the work execution
- Record the measurement data on the relevant document(s), providing internal and external reports when needed
- Solving the ad-hoc or unplanned situations
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wartsila Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental guidelines
- Interact with FS back office and TS during work execution
- Experience from Wärtsilä equipment is an advantage
To be successful in this role we expect you to have:
- BSc in Process, Mechanical, Marine, Electronic, or Mechatronic Engineering
- Relevant hands-on experience in process, mechanical and electrical disciplines within LPG/LNG/VOC and Flare Gas systems.
- Collaborative team player, at ease, communicating with colleagues throughout the business and via various means, contributing positively to the collective environment and team spirit
- A Safety-first attitude Keen to adopt new repair methods with little to no hesitation
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership, and taking responsibility for our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have the courage to see opportunities and take initiative. We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe that by being your own true self you can accomplish so much more. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
Are you eager to be part of this ambition? We have an amazing, hardworking, and talented team. We are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague with a shared passion for a renewable and sustainable future.
If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your application, together with a Curriculum Vitae. Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline below, by submitting your application with a CV & Cover Letter through our Careers portal.
For more information about the position, please contact [ Email address blocked ] with any questions related to this position.
(Note: only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to)
Last application date: 09/12/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on [ Link removed ] .
- Hardworking And Dedicated