We have an excellent opportunity to join our organization and have a key part in promoting our Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) at a European level.
The MES Consultant will be responsible for working with the customer throughout the lifecycle of a project, starting with initial client discussions with the sales team (consultative selling), supporting the project from design to successful completion and winning repeat business. The will work primarily in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, providing leadership to the project team and mentoring key resources. The key responsibility will be to build a vision for MES using Emerson’s Syncade solution and to articulate that vision both to the customer and the project team.
If you are a technical specialist, able to maintain strong personal credibility in front of customers and excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, we want you to join our team! In this role you will:
- Assess customer’s processes, installations, infrastructure, work processes, IT systems, interfaces to other systems (ERP, LIMS etc) as well as automation layers to identify business opportunities where the Syncade solution can be optimally applied.
- Work with customer to map the as-is and to-be business processes, set strategic vision, specify MES requirements and operational improvements based on the results of site assessments and quantify expected benefits.
- Perform high-level business and technical analyses such as value-stream mapping, requirements definition, validation planning, and gap analyses from user requirements.
- Assess and advise in collaboration with the Technical Steering on technical and commercial risk during the pursuit of potential MES projects and ensure that they are properly addressed.
- Achieve customer satisfaction by creating continuity between sales and execution process and ensuring common understanding of requirements between customer, sales and execution team.
- Follow the project/program into the delivery phase providing high-level support and consultancy to the technical leads, mentoring to key members of the team, attend significant customer progress meetings and acting as a main point of contact for them in case of project issues.
- Maintain industry expertise and MES knowledge leadership, working with domain specialists and industry solutions groups.
- To craft value-adding consulting solutions that enable our clients to meet the changing needs of the global Manufacturing IT landscape.
- As required develop and manage relationships as trust advisor with customers at top level.
- As required provide internal and external presentation for clients, sometimes in a form easily understood by non-technical personnel, and support customer’s presentation into events.
- As a leader with vision in your domain, you will be the key advisor to solution architecture and design reviews.
- Ensure that the project execution is in line with MES execution Methodology as per Emerson PMO guideline.
- Provide support and guidance to Syncade sales team in large international pursuit.
For this role you will need:
Our Offer to You
- Engineering degree or equivalent with a proven track record in the MES business, with focus on the life-science industry.
- Previous experience of business process mapping, requirements analysis, scope definition, design and implementation of software solutions.
- Proven project management and technical leadership experience.
- Excellent knowledge and solid experience with MES systems, data integration, server hardware and networks, ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Knowledge of biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, operational workflow and batch records.
- Familiar with working in regulated environment, knowledge of cGMP, 21CRF part 11 and validation requirements.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- A high level of customer interfacing skills, able to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and presentations.
- Fluent English (written and spoken); additional languages are helpful.
- Willingness to travel in Europe (50% of the time), for shorter periods or longer assignments (e.g. assessments, tests at customer site, as the need arises)
By joining Emerson as a Consultant, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Business Process Mapping