Production Planner - 5 month contract - Samlesbury, Preston - £28ph UMB or £22.12ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
As a Production Planner, you will be responsible for managing the scheduling, resourcing and financial performance of the F35 Major Units production lines. This will involve driving Production Operations by monitoring, reporting and challenging performance and driving corrective recovery actions when behind schedule. Establish and balance workloads to discharge the demand within available capacity and ensure we meet our customer commitments.
This role will provide you with the opportunity and exposure to work within our major component production facilities. The role will require close collaboration working with various functions including Operations, Project Management, Logistics, Quality and Engineering. You will work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and the role will give you the opportunity to build your network and provide a great opportunity for future progression within the team / company.
* Manage a detailed view of resource demand and capacity in line with the budget and schedule
* Evaluate and control the embodiment of change, minimising overall business impact
* Project Management of manufacturing related non-recurring activities
* All structural jigs are cycle checked and tooling are calibrated to plan
* Establish and manage the payment milestone schedule and sales programme
* Maintenance of the control accounts including BCWS, ACWP and BCWP inclusive of formal cost and schedule variance analysis
* Support routine operational reviews involving key stakeholders
* Represent, manage and facilitate all external reporting demands across the various functions
* Help drive improvements into the various toolsets that we currently use, by bringing new ideas that will ensure we continue to remain relevant in a diverse environment