We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom is recruiting a Designer for the Mechanical Integration Domain for its Rolling Stock site located in Paris Saint-Ouen.
You will join the Rolling Stock Engineering Team in Paris, an integrated team supporting the Group’s value creation by operationally delivering specific tenders and projects, as well as R&D and sustaining activities.
The Paris team has been leading the development of projects like new Avelia Liberty, very high-speed train for Amtrak (US), Dubai 2020 Metro... We are starting new projects such as Cologne tramway (Germany), electrical trains just won for Denmark and more to come…
Perform 3D modelling, design annotations & dimensions and metadata.
Manage 3D model inside Digital mock-up solution
Check 3D interfaces for external design.
Execute applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools
What are your responsibilities?
- Modelize and store allocated volumes and interfaces for sub-systems / components in Digital Mock-Up.
- Perform Detailed Design on internal sub-systems.
- Perform 3D, design annotations and 2D deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments, Metier rules and processes.
- Fill-up attributes for each part in Digital Mock-Up (naming, material, Fire & Smoke, etc.)
- Verify consistency of digital mock-up (no clash, etc.) and compliance with requirements (allocated volumes, weight, interfaces, etc.) on assigned scope.
- Prepare and document Mechanical Domain Design Reviews according to N+1 instructions.
- Update Digital Mock-Up taking into account Change Requests.
- Check other CADs' and sub-contractor's Design Quality
- Realize stack-up analysis and Bill of Material.
and contribute in:
•Proposing Design Optimizations (weight, cost, etc.)
•Supporting Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
•Collaborating with Mechanical Domain Leader for continuous improvement of the Activity (including Return of Experience).
What do you need to qualify for this job?
Experienced mechanical designer with a minimum of 10 years of experience
Strong technical skills: sheet metal work, aluminum profiles, mechanical welded parts, polyester and pultruded parts.
Ability to perform 3D modelling in Catia V5 R26.
Knowledge of drawing rules and analysis of stacking and tolerances (dimension chain).
Structured and organized with a practical approach.
Professional English with good reading/writing skills.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Business Process Improvement