Eaton Corporation’s Bussmann Division is currently seeking a District Sales Engineer. This position is based out of a home office in the Greater New York City area.
This position is responsible for the attainment of sales objectives in the assigned geographic territory. The objectives are achieved by the promotion and development of existing and expanded products and markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be responsible for the sales of division products to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and through distributors to various end customers. Maintains contact with management of key accounts located within the assigned territory.
- Implement promotional programs with the following users and buying influences: Distributors, Institutional Users, OEMs, Utilities, Architects and Consulting Engineers, Insurance Companies, Contractors, Inspectors, Industrial Users, Schools and Universities, Commercial Users, Trade and Industry Organizations and Governmental Agencies.
- Manage all engineering activities within the department including design, development, certification and testing, and serial production release.
- Provide appropriate technical assistance, regarding application of Division’s products to buying accounts, users and industry influences
- Develop and recommend sales plans, forecasts and objectives for assigned accounts in support of long and short-term sales objectives.
- Collect and supply information to enable management to establish sales goals and objectives.
- Assist buying accounts in a wide variety of customer service activities to ensure continuing satisfaction with the Division and its products.
- Assist in the training and development of less experienced Sales Engineers/ Representatives, as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in sales, marketing, application engineering, or product engineering position.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Greater New York City area will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience within the electrical industry.
- Experience working with OEMs, industrial, construction, and commercial sales channels.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time