PROJECT ENGINEER (Public Infrastructure) - San Francisco CA
As one of the nation’s largest specialty contractors focused on electrical construction projects, what we do is important, but how we do it is what makes us special or unique. For more than 65 years, Cupertino Electric has built the infrastructure that allows forward-looking companies to realize their vision. We deliver commercial, energy and data center projects fast and without compromise. Our values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation and Safety are reflected in how we treat one other, interact with customers and approach problems. In addition to building great projects, we believe in building great communities as evidenced by our generous giving and volunteer programs.
We’re seeking a Project Engineer ready to be on the front lines of a project, giving daily support to the field, project management, and customer teams. Someone who can communicate clearly across field and office project teams and ensure everyone has the information they need. Ideally you have a love of order and organization. You are the keeper of essential project logs, such as change orders, submittals, RFIs, fixture tracking, switchgear tracking, and lighting controls. You are masterful at writing RFIs, estimating change orders, reviewing submittals, and coordinating with vendors. You have advanced skills in MS Word and Excel. Extra points for experience with Accubid Enterprise. Most of all, you’re passionate about upholding Cupertino Electric’s values and being an asset to your team.
At Cupertino Electric you’ll be on a career development path to project management. You’ll work directly for a project manager or project executive on a team that collaborates with field, engineering, and design teams. It’s ok if you don’t yet have a deep understanding of electrical construction, just be ready to learn and get fired up. You'll have the opportunity to soak up knowledge from everyone you work with – from the journeyman and general foreman to the project team assigning daily tasks. In addition to on-the-job experience and mentoring from your peers, you’ll attend vendor off sites, “Power Hour” training classes, and other learning opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Business, or Engineering is a plus
- Two or more years of construction industry experience is preferred
- Experience with change orders and RFI’s
- Satisfactory driving record
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Accubid Pro experience is a preferred
- Scheduling ability with MS Projects or Primavera P6 a big plus
- Verifiable experience of safe, reliable and integrity-driven work habits, including working in an unsupervised field or home office setting when appropriate
- Great attitude including the desire to contribute and learn from all experiences.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Management
- Microsoft Excel