Has full authority to manage at his discretion materials, equipment and personnel assigned to his department as long as this event is focused on complying with the T-O-D Quality Policy and the responsibilities listed below. Likewise, you have full responsibility to stop any operation that jeopardizes the safety of employees or the integrity of the environment. Some activities such as off-budget salary changes, personnel additions, purchase requisitions greater than the limit established by the corresponding procedure, replacement of resignations and any other limitation established by any existing procedure, will have to be consulted or submitted to the Plant Manager for approval.
- Directs and ensures the execution of the daily production schedule.
- Directs the establishment of the correct head count to provide the level of service required by customers as well as maximize productivity and provides the head count forecast for the following months to the Finance department.
- Establishes monthly production commitment during the plant S&OP process ensuring resources and timing for execution.
- Develops and implements processes to identify and strengthen the skills matrix of operational personnel and Direct Repots avoiding day to day restrictions and aligning the structure to future needs.
- Leads the development of training to strengthen, develop and safeguard the skills of operational staff and Direct Reports.
- Ensures the quality of manufactured products by adhering to established processes and methods, as well as triggering projects in the service departments for the establishment and/or improvement of the same.
- Develops and implements processes to ensure successful payroll control and payment.
- Establishes processes to monitor, control and minimize overtime usage.
- Maximizes the utilization of plant resources by establishing goals and processes to improve the level of productivity (utilization) and provides the forecast for the following months to the Finance department.
- Facilitates the execution of plant safety programs and ensures follow-up of open preventive and corrective actions, proactively detonates improvement projects in this regard.
- Facilitates the execution of maintenance programs and proactively triggers related improvement projects.
- Deploys the 5S 1 initiative, triggering the cultural change of the employees in the search for the development of pride of belonging and discipline at work.
- Develops processes to identify the work environment on the production floor by approaching each employee and detonates processes for improvement.
- Minimizes scrap generation by identifying the sources of scrap and triggering improvement processes through the involvement of the service departments and provides the forecast for the following months to the Finance department.
- Establishes communication processes with the staff in charge (operators and direct reports) that allow to keep the staff informed about the business status, objectives and direction to follow.
- Knows and deploys company policies (internal work regulations, benefits...).
- Manages through the Maintenance Manager the maintenance area ensuring the establishment of priorities and correct service level.
POSITION: BU Manager
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Master's Degree desirable.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 5 years minimum experience in manufacturing or 3 years as a Superintendent or Manager of a department.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Spoken and written English.
REPORT TO: Operations Manager
SUPERVISION: Production Supervisors.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS: Divisional Sales and Engineering, customers and Department Managers of the Cd. Juarez and Delicias Plants
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Hardworking And Dedicated