Position Title: Senior Mechanical CAD Designer
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Senior Mechanical CAD Designer will contribute in new product development by designing mechanisms and complex assemblies in collaboration with R&D engineers using latest toolsets and industry leading best practices. You will be an important contributor to realizing the next generation of interventional robotic platform. This position will work with new and existing medical device products, generating CAD models, detail designs (in SolidWorks), and creating drawings and BOMs. This is a collaborative opportunity where you will work cross-functionally with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Manufacturing, and external vendors. This is a role well suited for an ambitious professional who is passionate about Mechanical Design, looking for the next step in their career as CAD Designer.
- Lead/contributes in mechanical and electromechanical design in new product development
- Support R&D engineering needs, design updates and refinement
- Construct and manage BOMs and DMRs, prepare and implement ECO’s
- Provide detailed design drawings and models for production level engineering requirements, including component specifications, procurement, inspection documents, and assembly instructions
- 7+ year experience in a CAD design and drafting position required; preferably in the Medical Device industry (or other regulated industries)
- Associates degree in Mechanical Design is highly desired
- SolidWorks proficiency with demonstrated capability to produce complex parts and assemblies required. Experience with NX software is desired
- Experience with integrated CAD modeling (Mechanical, electrical, and electronics) is highly desired
- Understanding of machine design and mechanisms required
- Experience with milling and turning, etc. required
- SolidWorks PDM experience required
- Experience in tolerance analysis and stack-up required
- Experience with DFx desired
- SolidWorks Surfacing experience is desired
- Experience with MBD (Model-Based Design) and minimal dimensioning, embracing latest technology and approaches highly desired
- Microsoft Office experience required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at [ Link removed ]
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: [ Link removed ]
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO IS THE LAW
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NON-DISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, [ Link removed ] .