Graduate Job Description
Graduate Construction Engineer
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Intended Start Date
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs’ Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process
We engineer for lasting impact
At Worley we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit [ Link removed ] to explore our success, expertise and global reach
Role Outline/ Responsibilities
Worley is recruiting a Trainee Construction Engineer to join the team in Aberdeen on a permanent basis as part of their 2020 graduate intake.
Worley delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 60,000 personnel across 51 countries.
As a Worley Trainee you will join the UMLIS business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
Worley recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as a Trainee Construction Engineer. You will join the Construction Management function and will work with a team of experienced engineers who will challenge and support you throughout your Traineeship. Our structured programme is designed to provide Trainees joining the Construction Management community of Worley with first-hand training and development, where you will also have the opportunity to achieve Professional Accreditation. Your work will include input into design, ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes.
- Support day-to-day Construction, Commissioning and Completions activities / personnel in the safe and structured delivery of the work scope and processes, ensuring all applicable site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Conduct thorough Construction Workpack reviews and assess whether scope requirements are met – ie. Constructibility of the design, safety, job card estimates, materials and tooling etc.
- Review and progress Construction Workpack close out in-line with actual site Construction progress, ensuring relevant documents are inserted / signed off accordingly – ie HIRA, job cards, site queries, as-built drawings etc.
- Where required, raise site queries and propose site solutions for issue to the Project Engineering team prior to executing the works on site. Track, monitor and report on all site query status and ensure Site Queries are closed-out in accordance with Project procedure.
- Provide a link between the Construction and the Engineering departments of the Project – assist with site surveys, design changes, constructibility etc.
- Monitor and report progress on a regular basis – daily / weekly / monthly.
- Attend / input in Project meetings – daily / weekly / monthly.
- Assist Project Controls / Planning to produce the Project Daily Report – compile discipline summaries via Foremen.
- Provide a link between the Project and the Office Support Team to assist with ad-hoc requests – POB count, holiday requests, pay queries etc.
- Audit site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Maintain primary contact with Vendors / Sub-Contractors site representatives.
- Be fully familiar with Vendors / Sub-Contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and resolve any apparent conflicts.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID's and other drawings are produced in line with construction requirements
Required qualifications / certification:
- Essential – Minimum HNC in a related subject with relevant work experience OR completion of a relevant Apprenticeship with considerable hands-on construction experience
- Desirable - BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Safety Passport
Experience and Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Knowledge of Construction / Completions / Commissioning practices and procedures
- Experience with Project management tools / production of detailed procedures / documents / reports
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety
- Flexible / able to comply / adapt to Company / Client requirements
- Delivery focused and committed to achieving of Project / Company goals
- Able to interact with management / personnel at all levels - committed team player
- Maintains pride in presentation / output Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Commitment to involvement in industry / educational / STEM seminars and activities
What we offer you
Graduates undertake a two-year training and development programme that aims to prepare them for professional qualifications and gives a broad grounding in all other aspects of our business. Every graduate has a personal mentor with whom they work closely to devise a programme that meets our business needs and their aspirations.
We have established a Graduate Community which is run and managed by our graduates. It has established a culture whereby graduates direct and take responsibility for their own development, with its own structure and annual budget, it is a voice for the graduate community, providing regular input to Company strategy.
Our graduates enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley