Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Project Manager with our Corporate Engineering Facility located in Deer Park, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management principles are incorporated into the foundation of department operations.
- Executing approved capital projects to assure timely, economical and safe completion in accordance with AFE requirements. The Project Manager acts as the liaison with operations, overviews the entire project, coordinates the work of required engineering disciplines, provides cost control and prepares project procedures.
- Performing project engineering work including scheduling, estimating, reporting, overview of flowsheets, directing layout plans, supervise the mechanical design effort, coordinating design functions, specifying, requisitioning and expediting process equipment and piping, approving purchase requisitions, reviewing vendor information and maintaining project documentation.
- Communicating the design and technical issues to technical and non-technical functions through reports, memos, design documents and presentations in a manner that is concise, factual and effective. Training, directing and reviewing work of lower level technical staff.
- Functioning as lead engineer on major Request for Engineering Assistance (REA’s); responsible for completion within budget and on schedule.
- Responsibilities include liaison with sponsor, technical overview, coordinating work of others and writing the final report. Serving as an expert in project management.
- Recommending action to improve the quality of the engineering function, working on new engineering methods and giving technical seminars and training programs.
- Travel as needed on project assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of project engineering or management experience.
- Must be able to develop strong relationships with project sponsors, government agencies, outside engineering, construction and equipment supply firms.
- Responsible for assuring that capital, operating and engineering costs are optimized, that all work is completed as scheduled and meets all environmental, health, safety, legal and code requirements.
- Must be capable of handling one or more complex assignments of up to %24100,000,000 value requiring a high level of technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Interpersonal Skills