You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Instrumentation Superintendent opportunities in Brazil (local contract)
Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
[ Link removed ]
- Ensure all team members adhere to the Group Electrical Safety Guidelines ES49985 TEZ49001
- Responsible for providing guidance and verification/inspection of the entire Instrument Installation during the Construction phase of the Project.
- Supervise Contractor Instrument personnel, ensuring they understand Project requirements and monitor Contractor performance, providing feedback where necessary.
- Provides leadership and motivation to the team members to pursue the implementation of the company Quality Assurance, Environmental and, HSSE policies
- Participate in meetings with Company, Contractor and/or Subcontractor, such as safety meeting, quality control meeting, a coordination meeting
- Resolves technical queries associated with the construction of Instrument work in coordination with appropriate Project Engineers.
- Supervises all construction activities including test and inspection to be carried out by Instrument Vendor / Subcontractor.
- Maintain good communication with all Project Engineers and Supervisors, Client representatives, and Instrument Vendor Subcontractors.
- Reviews monthly/weekly report submitted by Instrument Vendor Subcontractor.
- Prepares daily report and submit to Overall Responsible Electrical Person / Project Manager = Check and verify Instrument Construction Inspection and Test Records (ITRs) are completed.
- Liaise with the Group Construction Electrical Safety Manager for Electrical Safety concerns/queries/issues. is completed, received, and understood.
Project Instrument Competency
- Participate when requested in Instrument Technical Interviews during the recruitment process.
- Project Electrical Integrity Assurance – “Right First Time” -
- Responsible for the Installation of Instrument systems ensuring compliance with Corporate & International Engineering Standards.
- Ensure the completion of ITR’s and OTP’s, and project documentation is verified as built.
- Liaise with the completions group and participate in final completion check out and approval of Inspection and Test Records (ITRs).
- Assist with the completion of Operational Test procedures (OTPs)
- Complete the Instrument work scope safely and monitor the installation activities ensuring compliance of system Instrument design, drawings, specifications, relevant codes, International standards and Corporate Engineering Standards are met and inspections are being carried out by the Quality Control (QC) department.
- Provide advice to completions group where any system deficiencies exist.
- Provide installation solutions and check completed corrective actions to close out non-compliance issues that may arise.
- Assist in maintaining punch list and assist in the verification of items completed.
- Assist in obtaining work scope descriptions of Instrument punch list items being transferred as carry over work
- Assist the construction site planner with a daily progress report.
Project Safety Audit
- Perform Safety Audits during construction activities
- Provide leadership and guidance to Instrument personnel during the project construction phase
- Instrument Technician having completed Apprenticeship to at least ONC / HNC, or NVQ Level 3 or recognized equivalent in Instrument Installation & Maintenance Engineering
- Minimum 15 years’ Oil & Gas experience in Instrument Engineering and/or Construction and/or Project management, with 5 years of petrochemical experience with emphasis on FPSO/FSO production installations.
- Previous experience in a similar role is required.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other relevant languages are also desirable.
- 5 years proven supervisory experience
- Excellent practical knowledge of Permit to Work
- Mandatory CompEx Hazardous Areas IEC60079-14 & 17 training must be completed and a valid certificate
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). SBM Offshore provides floating production solutions to the offshore energy industry, over the full product lifecycle. The Company is market-leading in leased floating production systems delivered to date, with multiple units currently in operation, and has unrivaled operational experience in this field. The Company’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation, and life extension of floating production solutions for the offshore energy industry. For further information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Floating Production Storage And Offloading
Job ID: 735989502