Catapult your career into the 4th Industrial Revolution and beyond. Work for the company that won the “2018 Global Edge Controls and Analytics Company of the Year Award.”. Emerson’s Machine Automation Solutions business is a leading control systems, software, motion control, edge computing & industry 4.0 technology company that is looking for your talent, drive, passion and performance to grow our business in France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. If you view yourself as exceptional commercial talent, then please apply. Our outcome optimizing controllers were the world’s first and have opened an exciting door into a new era of edge control. Our highly energized team has been winning new customers around the world and the Western Europe region is an exciting growth destination for us. You will sell cutting-edge technology into an exciting variety of industries such as pharmaceutical, telecommunications, automotive, tunnels & metros, life sciences, water & wastewater, chemicals, oil & gas, OEM’s and discrete manufacturing. This wide exposure will help your expertise and career opportunities grow. The office location is in Bron, France, however the role requires a very high percentage of time to be spent visiting customers.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
This is a fast-paced commercial role. You’ll be expected to set up meetings with existing and potential customers within your assigned territory. You’ll listen to customer needs and then work with engineers and proposals specialists to create quotations of automation solutions. You’ll need to then convince customers to choose your solution versus any competitors. After winning an order, you’ll ensure your customers receive excellent service by following up on orders and ensuring timely delivery through our supply chain.
You’ll keep abreast of rapidly emerging Industry 4.0 and other technologies and you’ll act as an adviser and partner to customers as you help them implement these new technologies to change their business models.
You will drive specification and approved vendor listing of your product range by working closely with end users, OEM’s, EPC’s and system integrators.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Put customers first and help them solve their challenges
• Tactical planning for commercial and marketing activities
• Customer and opportunity prospecting followed by deal closing
• Accountability for the performance of orders and sales for the defined territory
• Account planning and tactical execution
• Interacting with marketing, product managers, engineers and supply chain to provide feedback on market, or customer, needs and dynamics
• Partner with our global marketing team and industry managers to execute local activities
• Salesforce.com CRM based orders forecasting and account management
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate will have completed studies in either Control Systems / Computer Science / Electrical / Electronics / IT / Computer Programming. (BEng / BSc / BTech / BCom).
Experience and qualifications
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a commercial/sales role, or a small business leadership role, preferably in industrial automation.
• Working knowledge of discrete and hybrid automation systems. Technologies include Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), Variable Speed Drives (VSD’s), Servo Motion, Safety Systems (Emergency Shutdown and Fire & Gas), Operator Interfaces, HMI/SCADA software, Industrial Computers, ComX, and cloud/EDGE technologies.
• Sales experience in adjacent industries may be considered for the right candidate (information & operations technology / electrical / industrial or manufacturing software / MES & MIS / cloud computing / mechatronics / robotics / instrumentation / OEM equipment)
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
• Good English skills as a 2nd language.
• Safety Control Systems certifications, or qualifications is a plus.
• Sales Methodology training (eg. Miller Heiman, etc) is a plus.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Programmable Logic Controllers
Human Computer Interaction
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Computer Control Systems