Eaton’s Electrical Sector - Burton On the Wolds
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on [ Link removed ]
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Eaton at Burton on the Wolds as their Program Manager. This role is Responsible for the successful execution of projects related to New Product Introduction (NPI) and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE).
Lead the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the project financial performance by managing customer projects, contracts, and business relationships.
Manage projects across multiple sites with design and manufacturing teams across the globe.
Your key deliverables:
- Monitors the profit and loss of projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Executes IPT leadership across the project(s). Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- Manages effective communications. Improves organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Manages customer expectations and commitments internal to the business.
- Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate to support the project execution and teams; Coordinates project reviews, prepares and publishes program management metrics and reports whilst maintaining the metrics for the project.
- Manages all risks and requirements of the project. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all project activities and deliverables and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Provides periodic project updates (Project Status Report) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g. technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional and sector levels.
- Manages the scope and specification for the project considering the need of customer, stakeholders and in collaboration with the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Reports project progress and information, performs project reviews, identifies risks and deviations, and obtains solutions.
- Performs PROLaunch Stage Gate reviews
- Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering or Business degree preferred
- Min. 5 years’ experience in Project/Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering, Operational and/or Product Management
- Experienced in electrical New Product Introduction (NPI) and/or Operational projects;
- Experience in automotive Program Management very desirable
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in program management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) or equivalent recommended
- Proven leadership skills - capability to lead change in an integrated project team environment across multiple sites and customers
- Capable of leading effectively in diverse cultural situations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written, with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to customer and Eaton management
- Experience in risk management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the electrical industry; Knowledge of the automotive industry and electric vehicles being desirable
- Specific product development experience is essential
- Ideally the successful candidate will have some research and development experience
- Ideally the candidate will have some experience of owning the profit and loss for a project
- Candidates are welcome from program/project management, project leading or co-ordinating, with significant product development experience
What Eaton offers?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Project Management Office