You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF POSITION:
- Implement the construction plan and monitor the progress in respect to time, budgetary and quality.
- Plan work activities and identify hazards and controls in consultation with employees.
- Monitor construction work and ensure adherence to permit procedures and statutory requirements.
- Conduct and record site inspections and risk assessments.
- Ensure accountability of employees and sub-contractors and their daily performance, by;
- monitoring the work standard and ensure full compliance with specifications
- identify and resolve, as necessary, interface issues between contractors.
- Ensure materials and equipment are compliant with the specifications and that inspections and tests are conducted and recorded to prove compliance.
- Ensure all regulatory and statutory requirements regarding testing and record keeping are met and that reporting progress is accurate and in the required format.
- In conjunction with the field planner, ensure the execution plan for each contract is logical, achievable and adequately resourced and establish suitable benchmarks for measuring physical progress.
- Liaise with the Materials/Logistics Controller to ensure adherence to the project schedule.
- Review incoming engineering drawings and assess the impact of any changes to the schedule.
- Identify contract variations and, when necessary, participate in negotiations in respect to scope changes.
- Record and maintain relevant milestones, technical problems or issues, number of resources, equipment useage on the project/site and provide regular feedback to the Construction Manager/Construction Superintendent on these matters.
- Plan and co-ordinate resources and equipment for the field tasks to conduct the work in a safe, timely and cost effective manner and ensure successful completion of work. Report any breaches to the line supervisor.
- Assess risks and hazards involved in tasks and methods to manage the hazards in order to prevent incidents, injury and damage.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and ensure effective communication with various stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools
- Excellent technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software.
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, including experience in construction positions and construction supervision.
- Previous trade experience combined with experience in a supervisory role.
- Minimum 12 years previous Construction site supervisory experience
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.