LCRA Dam and Hydro Operations is looking for a senior electrician to work at Mansfield and Tom Miller dams. This is a great opportunity to work at a non-profit organization and serve Central Texans with electricity and water supply. This position is part of a small team that is responsible for the maintenance of the hydroelectric generators, floodgates, and powerhouses at both facilities. Occasionally this position will require travel to the upper Highland Lakes and Lake Bastrop/FPP. We are looking for a seasoned veteran who has experience with medium voltage (11.5-13.8 kV) switching and equipment maintenance, and an understanding of power generation principles is a plus. The work we perform is important and our critical operations require 24 hr. response for flood operations and unit repairs. Our teams are dedicated to service and drive safety as top priority.
You will be trusted to:
* Installs, maintains, removes, inspects, tests, and repairs electric motors, generators, electrical circuit breakers, transformers, switches, communication systems, and electrical and electronic control equipment and wiring.
* Locates and repairs failures in electrical and electronic circuits and equipment. Install test equipment. Analyzes and implements solutions to solve problems
*Performs maintenance, repair and operations/diagnostic tests as required on all power apparatus in substations, power plants and other installations. Records test results. Develops and prepares summary of test results in reports.
*Installs and maintains lighting and other types of electrical equipment.
*Observes and inspects equipment and structures to detect potential electrical issues.
*Performs routine preventative Maintenance and general upkeep of electrical and electronic equipment and test gear.
*Reads and interprets blueprints and drawings, consults manuals and parts lists to assist in performing work. Keeps drawings and prints up to date and accurate.
*Performs planning and scheduling of work
*Operates handheld manual tools and power tools in performing electrical tasks
*May perform low-voltage and high-voltage switching according to standard procedures and in coordination with System Operations
*Provides day to day guidance and direction to less-experienced team members.
You qualify with:
- Four or more years of experience in maintenance and/or construction of electrical power generation, transmission, distribution, substation and control equipment, and/or other types of electrical equipment, including experience reading blueprints.
- A degree(s) in electrical power theory, electronics, instrumentation, controls, industrial maintenance or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Successful completion through Level III of the electrician curriculum of the Power Plants' Craft Qualification Program substitutes for four years of experience.
- Driver's license required for incumbents assigned to the dam & hydro function.
- Class A Texas commercial driver's license or equivalent from another state required for incumbents with heavy equipment operation and transportation responsibilities.
You are a great fit with:
Experience with Hydroelectric/Generation Maintenance
Experience with Dam and Floodgate Maintenance
Journeyman License or Higher
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: 7/08/2021 Central Daylight Time
[ Link removed ] [ Link removed ] [ Link removed ]
- Circuit Breakers
- Transformers (Electrical)
- Low Voltage
- Circuit Switches
- High Voltage
- Electrical Wirings