Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of an extraordinary journey in creating external-facing digital products? Would you like to make impact on industry-scale decision making towards a smarter, safer, greener future?
We are in the middle of an exciting digital transformation across the Energy space. DNV is seeking a solid SQL Developer / Consultant to be part of our growing Analytics Centre based in Gdynia, Poland. As our ideal candidate, you bring a strong blend of technical and interpersonal skills. You will have unique exposure and impact on both the technical and commercial side, delivering digital products and insights as a force for good.
What will you do?
A combination of the following activities. Your seniority will be based on your experience.
SQL Development: You will design, build, test, document and support Azure SQL Server solutions, with a focus on ETL processes, data pipelines, data security, performance and scalability. You will work with DNV’s Veracity.com industry data platform
BI Development: You will design, build, test, document and support Microsoft Power BI & Azure-based, reporting solutions, with a focus on the user, data security, performance and scalability.
Working with customers: Engaging with technical and non-technical clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders to understand data challenges, define requirements, propose and delivering successful solutions
Team collaboration: Collaborating with local and international virtual teams, and project stakeholders in an agile environment across time zones
Exposure to agile project management: Participating in our agile way of working, and possibly performing some agile project management tasks for smaller or larger projects.
Continuous improvement and innovation: Giving input and helping shape the overall technical architecture as the Analytics Centre and surrounding technologies evolve, and contributing to our development best practices, innovation, processes, and finding new and creative ways of working better
In-person engagement: Travel to client offices, other DNV office locations, and conferences, on occasion as per project/customer needs and when deemed safe by authorities
Exposure to business development: Possibly assisting with BD activities which could include market research, networking, relationship building, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, mathematics, or relevant analytic subject area and a strong scientific or engineering background required; master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; comfortable communicating with team members with different cultural backgrounds and experience
- Mandatory 6+ years of professional experience with SQL Server and T-SQL programming
- Advanced T-SQL knowledge, experience developing stored procedures, functions, triggers, views, user defined types; good understanding of query performance tuning, indexing strategies and transaction management
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining ETL processes
- Experience working with SQL Server Management Studio and knowledge of Visual Studio database projects
- A good understanding of SQL Server database design and data modelling , including an understanding of normalized forms
- 2+ years professional experience (including internships) working with Microsoft Power BI and DAX, PowerQuery, Tabular data modelling
- Experience working in an agile environment and with agile tools like JIRA or Azure DevOps; it is a plus having held roles like SCRUM master, agile coach, product owner, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure data platform and services like Databricks and Azure Data Factory is a big plus
- Experience building positive, collaborative relationships with colleague across locations, cultures, and technical experience levels
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and continually upgrade and update one’s technical skillset
- Ability to give constructive feedback to improve processes and quality
- Ability to work with computers for extended periods of time on a daily basis required
- Microsoft certification in relevant technologies will be a plus
- Candidates are required to submit a cover letter with their application.
Traits we value
- Taking initiative and ownership for your work and helping the team win
- Proactiveness and ability to manage own time and workload effectively and meet tight deadlines
- An eye for detail and driven to create quality outputs
- Customer, solution and result-oriented mindset
- Team player and building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across locations, cultures, and technical experience levels
- Curiosity, passion and willing to learn, grow, continuously self-improve, and succeed as a data professional.
What’s in it for you?
Company & Business Area Description
- Full-time permanent employment contract, with long-term career prospects in an international environment
- Competitive salary package
- Groundbreaking project experience that makes a difference
- Working with the latest tools and technology
- Training and development opportunities in both hard and soft skills
- Private medical care (Luxmed)
- Pension Scheme (PPE)
- Multisport or sport allowance
- Modern ergonomic working environment aligned with our Scandinavian roots
- Language lessons support
- Fresh fruits, great coffee, and more.
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Azure Data Factory
- Business Development
- Business Informatics