Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Position may be located in the Midwest or Eastern half of the U.S. near a major airport
Siemens Energy & Performance Services (EPS) is looking for an experienced building automation controls and energy management systems Commissioning Specialist to prepare and implement project commissioning plans for existing and new buildings for construction projects across the U.S. We are looking for someone to work independently to perform on-site and off-site commissioning activities to ensure compliance with the scope of work. The Commissioning Specialist will assure equipment is operating in accordance with good practice and that the energy savings strategies are properly implemented. System Graphics will be checked and tested, trending setups will be verified and tested. The right candidate can be located anywhere in the eastern US, within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Developing commissioning plans, schedules, reports, checklists, and test scripts.
- Providing detailed internal quotes for building controls commissioning.
- Taking an active role in the review of building controls and energy management systems starting at project development.
- Provide technical support of commissioning documentation throughout development, installation, commissioning, and startup.
- Review control designs drawings, submittals, specifications, manuals and scopes of work for development of commissioning plans.
- Development and creation of commissioning documentation such as pre-functional & functional checklists including seasonal checklists, punch lists, progress reports and final reports.
- Building Controls scope of work development and review for contracts and agreements.
- Review TAB report and provide comment.
- Analyze and document functional performance, trend logs and monitoring data to verify performance.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Maintain Issue Log.
- Working with other members of the project team to evaluate progress and document results.
- Conduct functional performance tests and/or oversee process by contractors dependent on project requirements.
- Undertaking and reporting of inspections and tests and reporting performance problems to manager.
- Attending or leading project meetings as needed or directed.
- Managing detailed recording of meetings and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Supporting projects during client discussions of a technical nature.
- Undertaking assessments of project schedules and milestones to assure proper timing of all required pre and post commissioning activities.
- Managing attendance and reporting of factory tests (as required).
- Assisting with the development of management systems and processes.
- Provide routine progress reporting.
- Accountability for the quality of service and deliverables.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 10 years building controls and energy management systems experience with Siemens, Johnson Controls, Trane, Tridium and BACnet.
- Exposure to facility operations and mechanical installation projects involving chiller and boiler plants, air distribution, VFDs, HVAC design/ retrofit, energy conservation, or distributed generation.
- Proven ability to manage and complete complex projects in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Understanding of and ability to use BIM360 Field a plus
- Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Up to 50% Travel required
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, URL blocked - click to apply.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, URL blocked - click to apply.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click [ Link removed ] .