Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Telecom Construction Manager is responsible for the project's construction schedule, expenses, and quality and safety. This position also manages the resources performing the construction work including direct reporting staff, matrix staff, and vendor and subcontractor resources.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily job site safety plans are reviewed and followed, and stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist
- Must have a good understanding and experience of Construction and Material/BOM Management and will be required to work with multiple departments
- Interface with the client's engineering team, as well as utilizing the company's engineering and management team for decisions
- Will be responsile to schedule, track, measure, and report daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress to key stakeholders
- Provides on-site analysis of ongoing specific construction projects.
- Minimum of five (5) years of wireless construction experience required
- A valid drivers license is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Day, night and weekend work in support of project completion is required
- Active OSHA-30 Certification or greater is preferred
- MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Will have need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be able to lift objects of up to 50 pounds. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ]