Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.Position Summary
The Site Acquisition Specialist assists clients in selecting appropriate sites, obtaining leases and entitlements for client to be able to move the site forward.
• Perform preliminary candidate search with the ability to understand local ordinances and zoning codes, floodplain maps, county maps and title documents to determine site development parameters. Report Communicate on viable locations for sites to ensure entitlements are possible and complete all client documents as needed.
• Ability to evaluate the constructability of a location.
• Order construction and environmental documents including but not limited to construction drawings, survey, Geotech, NEPA, Phase 1 ESA and SHPO with the ability to understand and red-line construction documents.
• Order power, telco and facilitate site walks with the property owner or representative, client, construction team, and utility companies as needed.
• Take site through permitting and zoning entitlements for the site to be moved forward to construction.
• Provide regular status updates of all site acquisition activities based on assigned sites. Resolve issues. Coordinate and Communicate effectively with the Project Manager(s), Client(s), Design, Zoning, RF Engineering and Construction Management teams. Communicate all site issues to Project Manager along with possible solutions immediately to ensure project is moving forward for Jacob’s and the client.
• Assist in preparation and monitoring of individual site budgets and schedules. Coordinate with land owner and client during the lease negotiation process to obtain fully executed lease or option agreement.
• Negotiate rent, lease terms, prepare lease document package and submit finalized package with detailed account of negotiations and deal points for client.
• Prepare entitlement applications and submit to jurisdictions as required by local regulations/ordinances.
• Ability to communicate with and present to city planning commissions, city planners, city managers, city council commissions and community development directors as needed to secure entitlements.
• Travel to sites and work in client designated areas as required or as asked by Project Manager.
• Demonstrate professionalism and communicate effectively while attending project, entitlement and deployment meetings as directed by Site Acquisition Manager/Project Manager.
• Coordinate with other managers, consultants and contractors on project to ensure quality performance.
• 3 years of wireless telecom experience in leasing and entitlements in California.
• Experience with new site builds, modification sites, small cells and DAS.
• Ability to travel when as needed is required and valid driver’s license.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Peoplesoft and client data bases are a plus.
• Requires excellent communication skills, oral and written. Be responsive and have ability to explain issues clearly and follow up consistently.
• Independent worker with ability to think outside of the box and push projects forward.
• Must be US Citizen or able to work for any US employer without Visa sponsorship
Only local candidates considered.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting to 20 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Leasing (Contract Law)