Requisition ID: 122822
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Surveyor, you will play an integral role in establishing and maintaining methods for safe, accurate and efficient Survey Field Operations. You will have responsibilities over field survey operations and should plan to spend most of your time in the field performing survey field operations.
Eastern Canada District's projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. The serve the construction and mining industries and operates in Eastern Canada.
This position will be based on a project in Ottawa, Ontario.
• Implementing the project survey plan specific to field operations.
• Oversee the operation with periodic reviews of record keeping, field procedures and survey audits to ensure that all work is performed in an efficient and professional manner.
• Maintain accurate and legible field notes.
• Setting and maintenance of control network.
• Programming layout
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics engineering
• Experience in construction survey
• Trimble experience is a plus
• Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to perform calculations (area, volume, circumference, proportion, percentage)
• Dynamic thinker with the desire to lead, motivate and mentor teams
• Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, qualityquality, and productivity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
• Will manage a diverse workload; must be able to handle stress and immediate deadlines
• Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management
• Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to work regularly scheduled hours and occasional irregular hours
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Elementary Algebra
- Field Studies