Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today [ Link removed ]
Position Specific Description
Senior Radiation Protection- Special Crew
Minimum requirements for job:
- An ANSI qualified health physics technician shall have a minimum of 6000 hours (PSL) or 5000 hours (PTN) of health physics experience (junior or senior level) in commercial nuclear power plants, of which, a maximum of 50 hours per week may be accumulated in any single year. Related education, training and experience may be credited as defined below.
- Equivalent health physics technician experience for decontamination technician experience in commercial nuclear power plants may be credited at a rate of no more than 0.5 hours/hour worked up to a maximum of 1000 hours credit
- A Navy ELT qualification is equivalent to 5000 hours of commercial health physics technician experience
- Shipyard experience in health physics (108 qualification) is credited on a four hour basis up to a maximum of 5000 hours. Shipyard hours cannot be accumulated at a rate of more than 50 hours per week.
- An associate degree in a related technical field or a bachelor’s of science degree is equivalent to 2000 hours of commercial health physics technician experience.
- One year of training is equivalent to 500 academic hours
- Or completes the JR RPT program
- The Radiation Protection Technologist-Nuclear is responsible for performing and documenting the following:
- Area radiation surveys (beta and gamma)
- Area contamination surveys (fixed and smearable for beta, gamma and alpha)
- Area and breathing zone air sampling
- Area posting
- Radioactive material labeling
- Surveying, tagging and release of clean material from the Radiation Controlled Area (RCA)
- Job coverage in accordance with plant instructions and Radiation Work Permits
- Writing Radiation Work Permits
- Maintaining Radiological Emergency Plan equipment and supplies as well as the regular inventory of the material
- Providing support for the movement of Radioactive material within the RCA
- Implementation of the Respiratory Protection Program to include maintenance and issuance of the equipment
- Decontamination of contaminated personnel
- Issue, service, calibrate, and perform minor repairs on radiation detection instruments and equipment
- Responsible for shipping and receiving radioactive material and radioactive waste processing and shipping
- Perform surveys and documentation for receipt of new fuel and spent fuel handling and shipping
- Perform or direct decontamination activities
- Maintain health physics supplies inventory
- Monitor radioactive laundry so as to return to service
- Control of radiography operations
- The Radiation Protection Technologist reports to a Health Physics Supervisor or a General Maintenance Leader when working as a member of a Composite Crew
• Technician Occup Sel Sys Test passed
• Fork Lift Operator Certification
• NRRPT Certification
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Nuclear Bargaining Unit
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Florida City, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Miami
- Radioactive Waste
- Nuclear Power