Landing Gear Engineer - Systems
Rate: up to £60.00 per hour Umbrella / £45.36 per hour PAYE plus holiday pay
Duration: Until the end of the year
An exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer has arisen in with our client in Filton focusing on Landing Gear Systems for A350. The position is within the team who are responsible for leading the system modifications for new programme developments.
You will be working with other Systems Engineers within the client business and Landing Gear vendors to ensure the development of an integrated technical solution.
Key activities of this role will include
- Support design modifications of the A350 LG systems; including the LG Extension Retraction System (LGERS), Braking & Steering Control System (BSCS) and the LG Monitoring System (LGMS).
- Identification, scoping and delivery of tasks.
- Ensure all engineering activities under your responsibility meet the necessary Safety, Time/Cost/Quality standards and are delivered in line with commitments.
- Ensure all activities are in line with cascaded requirements and verified through the Validation & Verification plan to demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations and design requirements.
- Integration of the solutions within the Landing Gear System as well as other systems and structure of the Aircraft.
- To manage and coordinate the inputs to Design Reviews including Process Assurance.
- Actively identify risk, opportunities and mitigations
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of designing aerospace systems.
- Successful leadership of engineering tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to interact effectively within local and transnational teams, and with customers and suppliers.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and pro-active approach to team working and a willingness to exercise technical leadership as required.
- Educated to a degree level in Engineering or a related discipline.
Due to the nature of projects the successful candidate will be required to undertake a baseline personnel security standard clearance before starting.
- Aerospace Industries
- Control Systems