Join Schneider Electric and power your career
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric a top 25 employer of choice, according to LinkedIn.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer in Hoofddorp with a personal drive to contribute to the overall Schneider Electric growth plan. You will report to the Team Manager Power Services.
Mission of the role
As a Field Service Engineer your role is to be responsible for pre-site inspections, startup, repair, preventive maintenance and field modification on company manufactured equipment as assigned by the Projects and Planning based on the customer’s request located at the customer’s establishment.
The FSR is required to have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components, as well as, a fundamental understanding of the tools and processes required to complete system maintenance and repair activities.
- Have basic knowledge, understanding of the sequence of operation and elementary diagram.
- Understanding of a one line diagram.
- The ability or willing to learn to independently perform startup on ATS’s, Low Voltage installations and experience and knowledge with protection relays and connected communication methods and protocols.
- Ability to connect and communicate with a laptop to download control panel settings and upload firmware upgrades.
- Learn applicable business systems, complete all administrative responsibilities, and meet established deadlines. This includes but is not limited to.
- Service orders – enter all pertinent job information (e.g., customer, time, actions taken, expenses).
- Business expense and receipt submittal for approval and processing.
- Timesheet submission in an accurate and timely manner for approval.
- Maintain and perform the annual inventory review accurately and identify replacement parts.
- Satisfactory completion of internal safety audit.
What to expect @ Schneider Electric?
- You will be part of a leading global specialist in energy management who believes in sustainability and taking care for the planet;
- Endless development opportunities through the online learning offer of 10,000 e-learnings;
- We strongly believe that great people make Schneider Electric a great company;
- We value differences. We offer equal opportunities to everyone, everywhere;
- Well-being creates performance and performance generates well-being (watch our [ Link removed ] for more explanation).
- Low Voltage
- Field Service Management
- Electrical Systems
- Preventive Maintenance