SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Senior MES Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and testing of project specific Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and system integration solutions (like LIMS or ERP) to clients, primarily in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, to enhance cutting edge process automation solutions meeting customer requirements.
This role includes working towards Syncade certification in all current, relevant modules in conjunction with a full-time project role.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work effectively at different levels with clients and sales teams to assist in definition of business needs and demonstrate our product and services capabilities.
- Be responsible and work in a team for selected areas of the overall solution, to define scope, sizing, system / operational requirements, integration requirements, support project estimations and ensure execution methodology (e.g. client interviews; documentation analysis). May take overall responsibility for specific area of the solution.
- Create prototypes to develop and demonstrate special project features.
- Develop functional and detailed designs, implement and test complex MES (Syncade) solutions using both custom developed software applications and configured products that meet client requirements and create technical documentation to a standard required for validated facilities.
- Lead design and code reviews.
- Support the relevant Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations.
- Fully understand the scope of work within their portfolio, ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Lead Engineer is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer initiated changes in scope.
- Provide the Lead Engineer with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of progress.
- Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
- Assist clients with resolving application problems and installing software upgrades as well as patches for MES systems.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical Degree e.g. Computer Science, Chemical Engineering or Control Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a related process industry such as Biotech/Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Food and Beverage with at least 5 years in MES project execution (requirements analysis, design definition, software development and solutions implementation).
- In-depth working experience in FDA regulated industries; knowledge of cGMP, 21 CFR part11 and validation
- Good knowledge and solid experience with MES systems (e.g. Syncade, Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X, POMSnet).
- Working knowledge of SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience with ERP interfacing (e.g. SAP) or another level 4 solutions is a plus.
- Experience in process automation solutions is a plus.
- Knowledge of active directory, DNS, IP networks and virtualization is a plus
- Microsoft literate.
- Language skills: English – fluent (written and spoken); German and/or French – good (desired)
- Must be able to travel within Switzerland (valid car driving license).
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities.
Our LGBTQ A Group empowers our workforce regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and supports the inclusion and professional development of all employees.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.