Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ([ Link removed ] ) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont's core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this role
Technical Services provides global support to Newmont and its operating businesses across a range of specialized technical functions. Within Technical Services, the Asset Management (AM) function will be responsible for creating and implementing effective global asset strategies, delivering efficient asset planning and strategic insights to drive exceptional global asset performance across Newmont’s portfolio. It aims to ensure that Newmont’s asset management processes and capabilities are a source of sustainable and considerable competitive advantage for Newmont. This is achieved by focusing on business process standardization, proactive collaboration, competency and capability development, maintenance and reliability practices, relevant global productivity metrics and targeted value-adding asset lifecycle cost improvements. The AM function is focused on delivering value aligned with our philosophy of continuous improvement and rapid replication.
The Senior Manager Strategic Planning will draw on expertise as a team leader, strategic thinker, project manager and technical subject matter expert to ensure that asset strategies including maintenance plans, tasks lists, bills of materials, labor requirements and work instructions are available to all transactional planners and site teams. The role will also support supply chain in contract negotiations and part usage forecast.
Key outcomes include:
In this role you will
- Managing the preparation and review of long-term asset strategies and budgets for Fixed equipment and master data management conducted by Reliability Engineers & Strategic Planners
- Ensuring timely update and improvement of equipment strategies based on site learnings, OEM updates, and AM OSN insights, and communication of material changes to relevant stakeholders
- Providing technical criteria and supply chain engagement for vendor management including contract development and negation as well as parts forecast based on strategies
- Creating and communicating AM best practices and technical vision across Newmont portfolio
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives
Budgets and Business Planning
- Lead the development of annual zero based maintenance budgets for site
- Coordinate review of site budgets for approval with site and regional leadership for submission in annual business plan
- Manage updates and improvement to budgets and Life Cycle Costs Models based on changes in guidance, site requirement and strategies and ensure planners socialize changes with relevant site stakeholders
Components and Parts Strategy / Strategic Planning
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure Strategy inputs are aligned with the standards and process governance
- Manage strategy implementation process and workflow to ensure timely updates and quality compliance
- Manage Strategy review process to optimize global strategy alignment and standardization
- Manage the timely and transparent information flow from Supply Chain to Asset Management regarding lead times, vendor changes, OEM strategy updates and other critical information
- Drive inventory ability strategy including developing an approach to determine inventory holding strategy, critical spare evaluation and establishing site AM targets for inventory availability
- Manage vendor assessment and quality assurance process including offsite repairs strategy, vendor assessment and quality assurance and inspections of vendor facilities
- Collaborate with SCM in contract negotiation and warranty terms for component rebuilds and part and equipment purchases
- Implement global talent management strategy and pipeline
- Facilitate a high performing virtual work environment across multiple globally dispersed locations
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills & experience checklist
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience and understanding desirable
- Strong understanding of planning and reliability principles
Training and Experience:
- Significant demonstrated experience in heavy industry, asset management experience is preferred
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices across multiple sites
- Experience with leading a high performing, multi-disciplined, diverse global team
- Experience developing and implementing equipment strategies that improve Asset Management performance, reliability and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets
- Experience with master data management and governance
- Experience with budget and business plan preparation
- Experience with operational Asset Planning and Work Management Processes
Skills and Abilities:
Working conditions & location
- Demonstrated stakeholder management ability across the business including operations, supply chain and external partners
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a global organization
- An ability to communicate complex technical messages through interactive discussions and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and deliver on commitments
- An ability to quickly assess high level information to foresee and diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking
- An ability to lead global teams and managing people/tasks both in-person and virtually
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the frequent out of normal office hours requirements of leading a global team and project
- Position may be office based or remote, work location flexible
- Position may be required to travel domestically and internationally
- Flexible hours required to accommodate global nature of work
The salary range offered for this role is $112,800 to 148,995. The salary range is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, training, and/or experience. The salary offer will not be based on a candidate’s salary history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about salary history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont.
This role will be eligible for participation in a discretionary annual bonus program, pursuant to which an employee may be awarded a percentage of their salary based on the company’s performance and their own individual performance.
Newmont offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package to support physical, mental, financial and emotional wellbeing. This role will be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; health savings accounts; life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; short and long-term disability; 401(k) program with company match; pension; financial planning; employee assistance program (EAP); adoption assistance; dependent scholarship program; tuition reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; paid family leave; matching gifts; and discounts on home, auto and pet insurance. All bonuses and benefits are subject to the applicable eligibility and program/plan terms and may be modified or terminated at Newmont’s sole discretion.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. With the wide availability of vaccines in the United States, if you are offered this position, you will have to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to being hired. This requirement will be subject to an exemption process, as required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
- Asset Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Capability Development
- Contract Negotiation