Make a difference with the work you do
Emerson is committed to creating a global workplace that supports diversity and embraces inclusion. We attract, develop, and retain exceptional people in an inclusive environment, where all employees can reach their greatest potential.
We are committed to the ongoing development of our employees because we know that it’s critical to the success of our company as a truly global entity. Our training programs and initiatives focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership. We provide a wide range of development opportunities, including face-to-face and virtual training, mentorship and coaching, project management, and on-the-job training.
In Sales and Marketing, you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team committed to delivering high quality results for the business. You will be given the opportunity to make a difference by providing consistent, high-value added support that would have an impact to the different businesses within Professional Tools.
This role is a key member of the Professional Tools Team and will be directly reporting to the Senior Team Lead, Sales & Marketing Analytics with collaboration with Sales & Marketing Team and Sales Planning & Operations Team (Elyria, OH). The Analyst’s primary responsibility is the administration of the distributor POS data used for territory sales reporting, compensation and forecasting. The position shares responsibility for processing distributor files, ensuring accuracy, fielding sales questions, evaluating transfers and reporting and analysis.
What you will work on
As a Senior Sales Analyst, your responsibilities include:
- Administers POS archiving, processing, and BI system upload for the sales redistribution process, including E-Commerce POS data.
- Evaluates Redistribution Changes and communicate with the Lead, Sales Analyst. Prepares due diligence to evaluate new distributor redistribution and plans.
- Prepares reports to monitor performance vs. goal for National Accounts, Hardware Home Centers (HHC), and e-Commerce accounts.
- Provides prescriptive analysis for Distributors and Preferred Online Vendors’ performances
- Maintains the Pro Tools Redistribution Scorecard, reporting status of all redistribution accounts throughout the month to sales management team.
What you will need:
- Graduate of any 4-year degree in Business or any related course
- Background on Business Analytics – Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics
- Adept in BI Applications
- Background on different forecast algorithm and forecast models
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing
- Knowledgeable in Demand Solution Software, Business Analytics for Statistical Forecasting and Demand Analytics
Who we are looking for:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate clearly and effectively; listens actively and; able to adapt communication skills appropriately
- Good interpersonal skills – can collaborate well with stakeholder
- Self-Driven and a strong drive for results who exhibits passion and enthusiasm to get things done
- Good problem-solving skills and high attention to details.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks and to adjust tasks performed to deliver the highest quality data possible
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.