Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead the day-to-day execution of client projects while guiding and developing individual project team members. You will work directly with clients –usually on site– and will take the ownership of the overall project and deliverables. You will ensure that client’s requirements are met and projects completed respecting quality, deadlines, budget and proper management of the project team members.
In addition, you will make important contributions to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impacts and sustainable results.
You will typically coordinate a team of 3 –5 consultants to help clients achieving new performance highs.
As Senior Project Manager, you will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Develop in-depth understanding of the client’s business, strategy, goals, pain points, markets and value chain.
- Manage projects and progress, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report to client and internal leadership
- Mobilize and manage project teams;
- Define deliverable structure and content;
- Facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management level at the client;
- Direct on-time, quality delivery of work products;
- Manage project risk
- Understand the principles of change management and apply a structured methodology to lead change management activities
- Master’s and advanced degree or MBA with consistent outstanding academic record
- 8+ years’ experience as delivery/project manager in power transmission consulting services is mandatory.
- Knowledge of power system operation, security & development and/or market & regulations topics in T&D environment
- Strong presentation skills and ability to lead open discussion with C-level clients
- Exceptional problem-solving ability with logical reasoning, creative thinking, comfort with numbers, and the ability to untangle complex issues
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Project Management certification (PMP / PMI)
- Experience working in the Middle East or emerging markets.
- Proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative-taker who is eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Strategic management perspective
- Excellent command of English is mandatory
- Knowledge of any of the following languages would be a plus : German / French / Netherlands /Arabic
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Berlin, frequent traveling to client sites in the region (approx. 50%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.
- Attention To Detail
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Change Management