Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Contracts Engineer for a Kuwait based project to provide contracts and commercial support within the framework of a consultancy project management team (PMC) managing the execution of major oil and gas projects, from FEED through to operational handover.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- Prepare commercial bid documents and provide support for the preparation of technical bid documents
- Undertake co-ordination and support during tendering period such as processing Bidders queries, bid evaluation, recommendation for award and contract preparation
- Contractor third party approvals as required (procurement, subcontracts)
- Provide contractual advice and support to the Project Controls Manager throughout the project life cycle
- Manage all formal communications from a contractual perspective (internal and external)
- Verify and approve interim payments to contractor
- Support in the review and reconciliation of contractor variations and claims
- Execute contract close out activities including final account documentation in accordance with Client policies and procedures
- The timely execution of all contract activities, such as preparation of Tender documents, pre-contract award and post-contract award activities, and the like, to ensure that all assigned KERP projects are successfully and safely completed in line with the project schedule and allocated budget
- Minimum BSc Engineering degree
- Minimum eight years post graduate experience
- Minimum five years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum five years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Project Management Life Cycle