We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
The Sub-System Manager is responsible for management and successful completion of cross-functional activities leading to the delivery of a sub-system offer in tender phase or project in execution phase, fulfilling both customer needs and committed QCDP objectives. He/she will:
- Manage cross-functionally sub-system level stakeholders, activities and deliverables and make needed arbitration (engineering, product x process, Make or Buy, Costs, Milestones, Interfaces, …) to reach QCDP commitment
- Coordinate sub-system activities and interfaces with other project stakeholders including integration teams other sub-systems and project level functions.
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES :
1/ In tender phase, participate to successful offer preparation on Electrical sub-system:
- Define tender strategy according to Customer requirements and Alstom Internal guidelines : Project Development & Industrial Organizations,Make or Buy.
- Define and formalize the scope of work, and interfaces with other stakeholders
- Coordinate sub-system definition, from requirement capture/analysis to performance commitment
- Coordinate the development and is responsible for the costing and planning of its Electrical scope.
- Coordinate and support consistent cross-functional execution of sub-system objectives, activities and deliverables (Engineering, R&D programmes, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Indus when applicable, RAMS…)
- Is responsible for the Actively contribute to meet tender objectives in terms of QCD : Contribute to risks and opportunity identification
- Participate to customer negotiation for its Electrical sub-system
- Ensure compliance with applicable governance, rules, instructions and standards, process & tools:.
2/ In project phase, contribute to successful Project execution on allocated sub-system scope of work:
Mandatory: Master degree or bachelor degree
Desirable: IPMA level D (or equivalent)
- 2 years experienced as manager of an operational scope
- Experience of working in and with multi-national companies and in different business cultures
- Knowledgeable of ALSTOM way of working for efficient process execution
- Global knowledge on the sub-system
Competencies & Skills
- Coordination skills
- Good communication skills
- Result oriented
- Knowledge of Project management processes
- Capacity to coordinate and ensure collaboration of multi-site/multi-metier teams
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Hardworking And Dedicated