You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Nonmetallic Engineer to join the Nonmetallic Engineering Division (NED) for Consulting Services Department (CSD). Nonmetallic Engineer should possess advanced knowledge in polymer and composite and their applications in oil and gas facility. Nonmetallic Engineer is responsible on supporting the nonmetallic deployment in all Saudi Aramco operating facilities including new technology introduction, root cause failure analysis and strategy implementation. The main responsibility of NM Engineer is to offer specialized technical experience, assistance, and consultation in particular nonmetallic application areas. Nonmetallic engineer will coordinate and lead nonmetallic strategy implementation, design review and standardization including support localization and venture capital works. In order to provide in-depth technical analysis on issues pertaining to the nonmetallic value chain, this position will necessitate multidisciplinary engineering collaboration and teamwork.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide consultation, review capital projects and introduce qualified nonmetallic products in the engineering design packages.
- Support research and pilot projects that will enhance unit performance.
- Develop new specifications and update existing standards, procedures and best practices.
- Perform technical assessment of new vendor facility, their qualification and approval and conduct periodic assessment to maintain regulated vendor list.
- Develop, introduce and/or implement viable new nonmetallic technologies (eg. oil and gas, building and construction) in Saudi Aramco facilities.
- Lead investigations and evaluate product deficiencies of local and out-of-Kingdom manufacturers.
- Lead or participate in specialized tasks, such as incident investigation (e.g. failure analysis) teams, special audit teams, value engineering teams, organizational improvement teams, etc.
- Provide support in design and construction of the nonmetallic (e.g. pipe, composite repair, structural component, lining) product system.
- Participate in providing training courses to develop young engineers.
- Mentor engineers to share knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrate excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree preferred) in Chemical, Materials, Polymers, or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience as an engineer in the field of nonmetallic materials with applications in oil and gas industry
- Broad knowledge in nonmetallic materials e.g. thermoplastic, fiber reinforced thermoset or thermoplastic, elastomers and their related products including piping, tanks and vessels, liners, etc.
- Excellent knowledge in nonmetallic products (e.g. piping, tanks, valves, downhole tubulars, composite structures) qualification and testing, consultation, failure analysis, recommendations and technical support
- In-depth knowledge in International Engineering Standards and Specifications (e.g. ISO14692, API 15HR, API 15S, API 17J) including experience in developing Engineering Standards for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Familiarization in nonmetallic piping, tanks and vessels [ Link removed ] , thermoplastic lining processes, piping installation and hydrotesting
- Good knowledge in corrosion and its mitigation methods
- Excellent presenter, high convincing ability, excellent technical report and paper writing skills and ability to mentor and teach
- Good field experience including processes and equipment
- Affiliation with professional societies is highly desirable such as ASME, API, ISO, NACE
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Composite Materials
- Composite Structures
Job ID: 850661723