Are you interested in electricity, mechanics, and hydraulics and do you want to play an important part in keeping our wind turbines running? Do you want to contribute to the transition towards a world powered by renewable energy?
As Site Supervisor of Vestas’s project Dundonnell Wind Farm you will report to the region’s Site Manager and will be responsible for overseeing the operation and maintenance of one of Australia’s newest wind farms while still being hands in the day to day maintenance activities. This exciting role will require the suitable applicant to live locally to site as this opportunity does not offer FIFO.
At Vestas we are very focused on developing our Wind Farm Service Technicians and Supervisors. If you come from another industry, your first year you will participate in specific wind farm accredited training, corporate induction and other operational training. In this innovative role you will supervise and support a team to meet timely schedule maintenances, respond and troubleshoot turbine issues, and always, ensure and promote safe working practices.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for the following;
- You will support and supervise a small team to ensure they meet the requirement of the site; training, compliance, performance.
- Safety is extremely important to us at Vestas. You will ensure all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental requirements for the site are maintained and complied with
- Stakeholder Management is a key to this role as you will need to update on performance to internal and external parties
- Operationally you will coordinate rosters, performance management, daily management board (LEAN) meetings, weekly toolbox, budgets and contractor management.
- Proven leadership skills and experience in supervising teams
- Experience in long- and short-term planning of works on a busy site
- You will have exposure to asset maintenance operations, be someone who leads by example and 5S/LEAN principles (6Sigma)
- Understanding and experience of High Voltage Sub Station maintenance
- You will be Computer literate and have experience (in SAP and Microsoft suite of software)
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to liaise with stakeholders on all levels
What we offer
- Permanent full-time position
- A workplace that takes pride in its safety culture
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy
- Global career opportunities
If you’re passionate about our future and want to work for the world's leading wind energy solutions provider, please apply by the 29th January Job no. 13180. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date Please note all potential employees will be subject to undertake a full medical assessment to be considered for this role.
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at [ Link removed ] and following us on our social media channels.