Provides technical expertise for the specification, design, purchase, installation and commissioning of instrument and electrical systems, including low, medium and high voltage electrical systems, electronic and pneumatic instrumentation, control systems, field instrumentation, analyzers and emergency shutdown systems. Supports capital and expense “Authorization for Expenditures” (AFEs) and maintenance project assistance. Acts as a key factor for improving refinery safety, profitability, efficiency and reliability.
- Provides detailed instrument/electrical engineering design and contractor supervision to ensure that capital and expense projects are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Provides accurate instrument, electrical and control systems specifications.
- Monitors and directs activities of engineering and construction contractors for progress and quality to ensure compliance to company and industry standards.
- Provides ongoing technical support to operations and maintenance departments on instrumentation, electrical and control system problems.
- Provides cost estimates and preliminary engineering design work for the development and preparation of projects.
- Follows all safety rules and guidelines as established by the Refinery.
- Evaluates, designs, specifies and makes cost estimates, to prepare and submit project AFEs.
- Designs, specifies and procures instrument/electrical components and systems for projects.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Engineering required.
- 2 years of engineering experience in all phases of instrument/electrical systems design and installation required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of engineering experience in all phases of instrument/electrical systems design and installation preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Computer Control Systems