*To access Dayforce at its best, log in from the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge. *
Boardwalk Pipelines, LP primarily provides transportation and storage of natural gas and liquids for our customers. Additional information about the company can be found online at www.bwpipelines.com.
We are currently looking for an Inventory Specialist for our Owensboro, KY office.
To ensure that the corporate investment in inventory is at appropriate levels and adequate inventory levels are maintained at appropriate inventory locations, to support operating and construction requirements and emergency materials needs and Boardwalk’s inventory investment is fully utilized, accounted for, and in compliance.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Plan, schedule, and execute Cycle Counts and Physical Audits of Inventory locations across Boardwalk to maintain accuracy of inventory quantities reflected in integrated financial software system and assure adherence to Company policy and compliance with regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Investigate, analyze, and coordinate resolutions of audit discrepancies and report findings to management.
- Perform material inspections and exploratory audits at major warehouses, compressor stations, pipe yards, and project sites.
- Manage, track, and publish Inventory of Tested Emergency Pipe and fittings.
- Manage the disposition of surplus material from capital and expense projects (maximize surplus value by redeploying, selling, re-stocking, scrapping, or returning) in conjunction with Project Managers, Project Accounting, and Investment Recovery.
- Adhere to and advocate company safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Review, analyze for completeness, accuracy and compatibility among items, and prep for Buyer all material purchase requisitions to determine if the material need can be filled from inventory or project surplus or recommend purchase.
- Issue material from Inventory to projects or maintenance and coordinate shipping with Logistics.
- Work with Compression, Measurement, Communications, and Corrosion in the establishment of appropriate min/max inventory levels taking into consideration availability, material lead times, shelf life, and cost saving opportunities.
- Maintain appropriate system wide inventory levels and recommend replenishment transactions based upon recurring trends in inventory usage as well as anticipating needs of upcoming major projects.
- Modify existing and create new descriptions in the Item Master (Catalog) as necessary and monitor for accuracy and completeness.
- Keep the General Ledger Inventory Accounts in sync with the Inventory sub ledger. This will involve performing monthly Accounting Period close procedures, creating journal vouchers to reclassify undifferentiated charges such as trailing tax, freight, or discounts, performing average cost adjustments, reconciling, and signing off on all Control accounts, investigating and resolving any discrepancies, and performing analysis to fulfill auditor requests.
- Participate in Oracle EBS testing, troubleshooting, and design including regularly scheduled regression testing, disaster recovery testing, and system upgrades.
- Perform Oracle EBS setups and maintenance including but not limited to creation of Organizations and Locations, setting up Cost Groups and Project Inventories, and setting up Categories and Expenditure Types.
- Assist Construction and Engineering projects when called upon to oversee field materials management of construction materials.
- Provide training and guidance to internal customers about inventory management policies, procedures, and systems including Oracle EBS Inventory and Receiving transactions, uploading of certifications and MTRs to document repository, data analytics etc.
- Assist Management with keeping Policy and Procedures up to date.
- Assist Management with staying current on evolving technologies and best practices relevant to the field and the industry in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Commitment to working safely
- Good planning, sound logic and decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- High level of integrity
- Strong presentation and computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with various disciplines and levels within the organization
- Ability to work irregular and extended hours with little or no notice. Required field work could occur during inclement weather
- Ability to travel overnight by automobile and/or plane, sometimes for extended periods of up to two weeks or more if necessary
- Ability to work in an office or field environment
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong networking, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Inventory Management applications and principles
- Mechanical, structural, or electrical knowledge as well as knowledge of pipeline system operations and identifying associated material
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Experience with Boardwalk account string and chart of accounts
- Expertise with Data Analytics tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Other details
- Job Family Supply Chain
- Job Function Inventory Specialist
- Pay Type Salary
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement